This simple Perfect Cut Out Cookie Buttercream Frosting is made with 4 ingredients and tastes amazing!
This post contains affiliate links. If does not cost you anything extra by clicking on the link. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission. Thank you for supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
We love sugar cookies, but sometimes we want to top them with a little something extra.
Nothing quite sets a sugar cookie a part from the rest, like this frosting. I’m going to grab a sugar cookie with frosting over a naked cookie any day.
It’s 4 ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes to make.
Don’t wanna use vanilla extract?
No problem – you can sub the vanilla for almond, mint, vanilla, maple, orange, and lemon. Or any other extract to get the flavor that suites your cookie.
How do I get bold frosting colors?
I have found over the years to get the best colors to use gel food coloring, and not the liquid stuff. These are my favorite.
Best sugar cookie base?
I suggest starting with a great recipe, like the one I have for No Chill Perfectly Shaped Sugar Cookies.
These can be frosted to look great with or without sprinkles. Plus, you don’t have to wait for anything to “harden” before you start eating it!
Here are some other cookie ideas for you!
- Cinnamon Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Cut Out Sugar Cookies
- Perfectly Chewy Funfetti Sugar Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl beat together your butter and powdered sugar.
- Toss in your vanilla and milk, beat until smooth and creamy.
- If your going to color your frosting, mix in your choice of coloring at this time.
- When it's the color your wanting, use a small metal off set spatula (or a butter knife) to smooth the frosting on, working from the center of the cookie, out towards the edges.
*If frosting appears to thin, add a teaspoon of powdered sugar.
Serving Size:1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 7mg Sodium: 21mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 13g Protein: 0g