Nothing says Christmas quite like the flavors of peppermint. I can just picture the flavor of Christmas being peppermint and eggnog.
I always make sure to bake several different chocolate peppermint cookie styles during the month of December.
These peppermint white chocolate cookies will not disappoint. They have perfect chewy centers and crisp edges.
Which peppermint candy is best for Peppermint White Chocolate Cookies?
Most recipes that call for peppermint candies call for crushed candy canes. While those will totally work, especailly for all those candy canes that didn’t get eaten from the tree, I prefer those soft melt in your mouth peppermint candies.
I just buy a bag from my favorite stores during the holiday season, and use those in any peppermint baked good that I make.
White Chocolate or Dark Chocolate?
I am a fan of white chocolate and peppermint – H E L L O Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha! BUT – dark chocolate and peppermint are a classic. So just simply switch out all the white for a semi sweet chocolate.
Tips for the best peppermint white chocolate cookies:
If you have a food processor, drop them in and give it a few whirls. I like the smallest bits possible.
If you don’t have a food processor, just toss them into a zip lock bag, and smash them with a rolling pin – this is a great way to get out some frustrations!
My favorite minty chocolate cookies:
- Mint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- Peppermint Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Mocha Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Homemade Thin Mints
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1.5 sticks butter, room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoons Rodelle peppermint extract
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed soft peppermint candies
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
- Whisk together the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, attached to a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar. Mix for one full minute.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Beat until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, with the mixer on low speed. Mix until incorporated.
- Add the crushed peppermints, and mix until combined.
- Cover the cookie dough and place in the fridge to chill for 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll the dough into 1.5 inch balls, and place on baking sheets 2 inches a part. Bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove and finish cooling on cooling racks.
- When the cookies are completely cooled, melt the white chocolate, following the directions on the package, and drizzle over cooled cookies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g