Soft and chewy with the perfect pop of mint flavor, these Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Blossom Cookies are delicious!
Besides my love for every cookie that I’ve ever posted on Everyday Made Fresh, these are possibly my number one favorite cookie. I love a tasty chocolate crinkle cookie. It has to have semi-crispy edges and a super soft center. The kind of cookie that literally melts in your mouth. Of course in December chocolate is nothing without it’s BFF, mint. Luckily the best friends have paired together in these Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Blossom Cookies for all to enjoy!
These cookies require just a little bit of prep, you’re gonna have to chill the dough for at least two hours. I know, I know. I promise it’s totally worth it! Zack took some of these to work with him, and a guy who doesn’t even like mint, loved these cookies! They are the cookie that everyone is gonna love.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 24 candy cane Hershey Kisses
- Christmas colored sprinkles
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together, until the butter is nice and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, while the mixer is on low speed.
- Once incorporated, add the milk.
- This dough is sticky!
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, roll the dough into 1-inch balls, roll in the powdered sugar, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle some colored sprinkles on the cookies, and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Plop a candy cane Hershey Kiss in the center, and place straight in the fridge.
- Allow to set up in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 18mg Sodium: 105mg Carbohydrates: 31g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 21g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g