Soft and chewy, just like chocolate chip cookies should be -these Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies are your new favorite Christmas Cookie!
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for always supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
In my opinion peppermint and chocolate go together like peanut butter and jelly. It’s a flavor combo that I associate with all things holiday related, and I have to consume it in as many ways possible before Christmas is over.
This means I’m stopping by the coffee shops to get as many peppermint mochas, making my own peppermint mochas at home, and adding peppermint and chocolate to everything, dessert related.
I have made this version of these cookies for years. It’s a classic chocolate chip cookie that has been given a little Christmas flare with Rodelle Peppermint Extract, a good dip in white chocolate, and then sprinkled with crushed peppermint puffs.
It’s always a winner for cookie exchanges, parties, and my mouth! Ha! But seriously. If someone asks me to bake a cookie for myself, it’s gonna be these.
One taste of these soft and chewy Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies, and you’ll understand my addiction.
How do I make Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Start by combining your flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
Cream together the butter and sugars. (brown and white.) Add the water and peppermint extract.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, fold in chocolate chips.
No chilling this dough – form dough into balls, bake, and allow to cool completely.
Once completely cooled, crush up those peppermint puffs, and melt the white chocolate.
Dip one half of each cookie into the white chocolate, and sprinkle with the crushed peppermint puffs. Allow to firm up, and devour!
More peppermint and chocolate love?
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cake
- Mint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- Peppermint Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Mocha Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Peppermint White Chocolate Cookies
- 1 ⅔ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Peppermint Extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- soft peppermint candies crushed for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, attached to a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the water and peppermint. Combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in the semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Form dough into balls, about 1 rounded tablespoon each.
- Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing to cooling racks to completely cool.
- Once completely cooled, crush those peppermint candies, and melt the chocolate, according to the directions on the package.
- Dip one half of each cookie into the melted white chocolate, and then sprinkle with the crushed peppermint puffs. Allow the chocolate to harden up before storing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g