Double the chocolate in these Peppermint Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies. Made with soft peppermints, and chocolate on chocolate, these are for the serious mint chocolate lovers!
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for always supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
Ya’ll, today is day three of our First Annual 7 Days of Christmas Cookies! Here’s what you may have missed:
Today’s cookie is one that I’ve been planning since last year. Seriously. Do y’all remember the Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Blossom Cookies?
Well, if you don’t, you should check those out! Anyway, those cookies last year made me want to make something similar in flavor, but different in texture.
These are still chewy, just different in texture because they actually have crushed peppermints in the batter. Not just any peppermint though…the best peppermint!
Y’all know those soft, melt in your mouth peppermints? Well, since Kelsie has a corn allergy, she can’t have regular peppermints or candy canes. But she can have these! And these are the best anyway so who cares?!
I decided why not try those perfectly soft peppermints inside of the cookie batter. And what better batter to pair it with than chocolate?! I love the peppermint chocolate combo! Do you?
So these cookies are the ultimate cookie for those that love their peppermint chocolate combo.
The crushed peppermints stay intact in their little chunks baked in the batter, which give it a nice little crunch, yet they still melt in your mouth. I have rolled the cookies in additional crushed soft peppermints before baking.
A little word to the wise, make sure that you make the pieces as small as you can get without being a powder for rolling the dough balls in.
The larger chunks sort of brown on top while baking, which doesn’t nothing to change the taste, but the appearance takes a beating.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup soft peppermint candies crushed
- 1/2 cup soft peppermint candies for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, attached to a stand mixer, cream the butter for two minutes. Pour in the brown sugar and regular sugar. Beat for two minutes, until nice and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time. Pour in the vanilla and peppermint extract. Beat until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mix, a couple of heaping tablespoons at a time. Beating until it's all been incorporated. Finally fold in the chocolate chips and one cup of crushed peppermints.
- Roll the dough into rounded tablespoonfuls, and roll in the crushed peppermint. Place on the baking sheet two inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for 5 minutes, before removing to cooling racks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 228mg Carbohydrates: 45g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 27g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g