These Peppermint Frosted Brownies are made from a simple homemade mix, and topped with a cream cheese peppermint frosting that make them delectable!
There is something about peppermint and chocolate that scream the holidays are coming! I can’t be the only one that thinks this either, look at Starbucks, and their peppermint mocha. Hmmm, peppermint mocha! Anyways. These Peppermint Frosted Brownies are so good and holidayish that you’ll be ready to run to the store and grab up all the ingredients to make these this week. I know I will! Get yourself in the holiday mood now. Christmas is coming!
By the looks of these you may be thinking, yea so what, some crushed up peppermints on top of frosted brownies, what’s so special? Well, let me tell you! This isn’t just your ordinary round peppermints or candy canes. Nope, these are those fluffy soft kind. They make for a much creamier texture that melts in your mouth rather than…crunch…crunch…crunch. This frosting is a the best cream cheese frosting ever! And these brownies are so simple to make, but if your short on time, or just don’t want to make them, buy a box of your favorite! We won’t judge you. I do it myself. 🙂 Anytime I can save time, I do.
- 2/3 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 + 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds+3 tablespoons water Or 1 egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 3/4 cup soft peppermints roughly chopped
- (if your using the flax egg, mix the flax seeds and water together first, and set aside)
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in your water, vanilla, and flax egg (or egg).
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet, until mixed well.
- Pour your batter into a 9X9 inch parchment paper lined baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before making the frosting.
- To make the frosting your going to place the softened butter, cream cheese, and mint extract into your bowl, and beat until it's starting to fluff.
- Slowly add in your powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, until you have beat in all of your powdered sugar, and you have a fluffy and creamy consistency.
- Fold in 1/4 cup of the chopped peppermints.
- Frost your brownies, and sprinkle the reminder 1/2 cup of chopped peppermints on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g