This Pear Bundt Cake with Vanilla Bean Caramel is loaded with fresh chunks of pear, spiced with cinnamon and ginger, and then drizzled with the best topping! This cake is so simple to make and perfect for all occasions.
When I was growing up I would pick pears off the pear tree at my grandparents house as quickly as they grew, and eat them like they were candy.
My grandmother always made the best tasting pear preserves, and I have never found anything that comes close, except a 4 ounce jar at the grocery store that cost about $6. ::heart broken:: The tree eventually had to be cut down, and that was the end of the pear preserves, and those pears.
Pears aren’t a fruit that many people buy fresh. They buy the canned stuff, which I’ve done plenty of times, but when they come in season, and show up in the produce section of the grocery store, I’m gonna buy as many as I can.
Unlike apples and oranges, you don’t find pears in the store year round. At least not that I’ve ever seen.
I bought a bag a few weeks ago, and while I managed to eat a few of them, and the girls had several as well, they weren’t going to be consumed before going bad.
I loathe food waste, so I decided that I’d bake with them. I had thought of a sweet bread, because I’ve been making a lot of that lately. Just today I made a chocolate banana bread (coming soon), and I recently shared Peanut Butter & Jelly Banana Bread.
That idea quickly passed as ideas of an upside down cake, but a pear version. Then I decided against that since it wouldn’t really use much. I knew that I wanted to make a cake because I’ve been watching The Spring Baking Championship, and all their cake flavors have inspired me!
I didn’t want to go all out with frosting it though, so I opted to pull out my bundt pan, something I’ve only ever used one other time, and that was to make my Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Pumpkin Spice Caramel. Hmm, I think I should try a bundt cake without caramel next time, haha.
This bundt cake is loaded with pears, 3 cups to be exact! 1 ½ cups of chopped pear, and 1 ½ cups of grated pear. It’s super moist, as all cake should be, and the cinnamon and ginger play so well with the pears. It reminds me of a coffee cake, but then the vanilla bean caramel take it to a whole other ballpark!
The caramel, although may sound like a lot of work, it’s really not. You toss a few things into a pan and bring it to a bowl, the most work you have to do is continuing to whisk it for one whole minute.
Then you just allow it to cool, mix in some powdered sugar, and Rodelle Vanilla Paste, and you have a Pear Bundt Cake with Vanilla Bean Caramel that will knock your socks off!
Wait, I get it some of you may not be fans of pears…hang on a second…Ok, I had to let that process…if you aren’t a fan of pears, you can totally use apples in it’s place. You will still get an awesome cake that will taste amazing! You could also skip the caramel, but I’m not recommending it! 😉
What ingredients do you need to make Pear Bundt Cake?
- brown sugar
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
How do you make pear bundt cake?
- whisk together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt
- Pour in the beaten eggs, canola oil, and vanilla. Stir until fully combined
- Fold in the diced pear and grated pear until combined.
- Bake and allow to cool completely
More cake recipes featuring fruits:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar, light, packed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature, beaten
- 1 ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups peeled and chopped pear
- 1 ½ cups peeled and grated pear
Vanilla Bean Caramel
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, light, packed
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Rodelle Vanilla Paste
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray and flour a bundt pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt. Pour in the beaten eggs, canola oil, and vanilla. Stir until fully combined. Fold in the diced pear and grated pear until combined. Pour into the prepared bundt pan, and bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack in the bundt pan for 20 minutes. Invert the bundt pan and drop the cake out onto the cooling rack, allowing to cool completely. When cooled completely make the caramel.
Vanilla Bean Caramel
- In a small sauce pan over medium to high heat, melt the butter. Once melted pour in the brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, and salt. Allow to come to a boil for one minute, while whisking the entire time. Remove from the heat at the one minute mark, and whisk in the vanilla paste. Allow to cool completely before stirring in the powdered sugar. I placed mine in the fridge for about 20 to 30 minutes to speed up the process. Once the powdered sugar has been stirred in, if it becomes to thick to pour, microwave for 15 seconds, and give it a good stir. Drizzle over the pear bundt cake, and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 473Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 310mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 4g