If you’ve been around here long, you know that we love peanut butter. It was a huge blessing to find out that Kelsie wasn’t allergic to peanuts because like me, she loves peanut butter, straight from the jar on a spoon.
Peanut butter is so versatile. You can eat it alone, make cookies, brownies, bread, cake, frosting, and even have it savory in sauces. It’s the perfect ingredient. I’ve made a dozen from Peanut Butter Banana Fudgesicles and Pumpkin Spiced Peanut Butter Cookies to Peanut Butter Blondies with Chocolate Chips and a Naturally Sweetened Peanut Butter Fudge Smoothie.
Last year when Everyday Made Fresh made it’s debut, I made a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chunky Monkey Muffin. It was delicious, and I knew that I wanted to do something again similar, but with white chocolate chips. I did make a Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, and although you can just make those into muffins, I still wanted something a little bit different. These peanut butter white chocolate chip muffins turned out exactly as I had hoped.
This recipe was adapted from Tidy Mom.
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds + 6 tablespoons water or two eggs, mix together and set aside
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 stick butter room temperature
- ½ cup milk
- 3-4 mashed bananas
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and either grease or line your muffin tin with baking cups.
- Cream together your butter and sugar, adding your flax mix (or eggs).
- Stir in your peanut butter, mashed banana, milk, and vanilla.
- Carefully stir in your dry ingredients, do not over mix!
- Fold in your chocolate chips
- Pour into your muffin cups. I use a ¼ cup measuring scoop to have equal amounts.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 436mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 4gSugar: 35gProtein: 8g