Awe man do I love some banana bread! It reminds me so much of growing up. My mother would double wrap it in foil and store it in the fridge so it would be cold and the top would be sticky. It was delicious!
My banana bread isn't much different from the traditional, with a few exceptions. Peanut butter of course, because banana and peanut butter just go hand and hand. I thought I have only a small amount of white chocolate chips left, so why not throw those in as well. Sort of like my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Chunky Monkey Muffins.
This bread is jam packed full of flavor, it's egg free to make it allergy friendly, and it's the perfect breakfast, after school snack, or sweet treat after dinner.
Scroll down for a printable version.
What do you need?
1 ½ cups flour
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup butter, softened
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons ground flax seeds + 5 tablespoons water (mix together, set aside, do this first!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas, mashed
¾ cup white chocolate chips
What do you do?
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8X4 inch loaf pan.
2. Cream together the peanut butter, sugar, and butter until creamy.
3. Add the vanilla and flax eggs.
4. Stir in your flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
5. Mix in your mashed bananas until combined. Fold in your chocolate chips.
6. Spoon evenly into your greased loaf pan and baked for 50 to 60 minutes of until a toothpick comes out clean.
Tips: I use skewers when it comes to bread, making sure it's done in the center. You could also use peanut butter chips as opposed to white chocolate!