Doctor up your favorite boxed brownie mix, with this easy recipe for Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies. You get 3 decadent layers, fudgy chewy brownie, thick and luscious peanut butter, topped with a chocolate ganache.
I am a peanut butter and chocolate addicted fiend. I have been known on more than one occasion to devour an entire bag of Reese Miniatures. Not that I am bragging by any means, because it’s a little bit embarrassing.
However, it’s the truth. I really can’t get enough of the flavor combination. It’s my favorite candy, and will always be my favorite dessert combination. You can never go wrong with the two together.
My love for peanut butter and chocolate together goes back to my childhood. In the store I would beg for Reese Cups in the checkout line of every.single.store we went to.
I would always pick them out of our Halloween candy bowl that was supposed to be for the trick-or-treaters, and when Reese’s put out a jar of peanut butter, I was probably the first one to purchase it.
By the way, that peanut butter in the jar…it ain’t the same! I was fairly upset by that. Anyway.
When Kelsie was being diagnosed with food allergies, I remember sitting in the chair praying that God would grant this one prayer about her food allergies…no allergies to peanuts. I didn’t know how I would cope otherwise. God knew too, because peanuts aren’t one of her many allergies. Whew.
When I’m on Pinterest looking for inspiration, I usually type in one of two things, peanut butter or chocolate. Sometimes together, just to see what comes up.
Most of the time it’s the same things that I’ve had or made at one time or another. Then there is other times when I’m like “why didn’t I think of that!” This is one of those moments.
I’m not giving credit to any particular recipe because I combined several together to get what I’ve come up with.
Basically it’s brownies with peanut butter balls on top – known as Buckeyes. I grew up eating peanut butter balls and never even heard the word Buckeye until after I met my husband. His brother is a huge Ohio fan. Funny how growing up in different parts of the US things are called something different.
Call these whatever you like, I call them addicting!
Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies ingredients:
- 1 box Brownie Mix – baked according to directions in a foil lined 11X7 inch pan.
- peanut butter creamy
- powdered sugar
- butter melted
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
- heavy cream
You can either buy brownies with nuts already mixed in, or you could add chopped peanuts to the mix, before baking.
Here are a few other peanut butter + chocolate recipes that I love:
- Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Strawberry & Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- 1 box Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix - baked according to directions in a foil lined 11X7 inch pan.
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter creamy
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag Ghiradelli 60% Cacao bittersweet morsels 10oz
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- While the brownies are baking make the peanut butter mixture.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or by hand, mix together the peanut butter, powdered sugar, melted butter, and vanilla together until thoroughly combined.
- As soon as the brownies come out of the oven, drop the peanut butter mixture by large spoonfuls onto the brownies.
- Using a spatula or your hand, press the peanut butter into an even layer across the brownies.
- Place the bittersweet morsels and the heavy whipping cream into the microwave for 1 minute. Using a small whisk, stir together until the morsels have melted, and you are left with a silky chocolate glaze.
- Pour this mixture over the top of the peanut butter mix.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Or in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove the brownies from the pan by lifting with the foil. Slice into squares.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 730Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 349mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 9gSugar: 40gProtein: 17g