This creamy Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate tastes like a melted peanut butter cup! It’s the perfect divine little treat to warm up with on a cold winter’s day.
This my friends is the best peanut butter hot chocolate you will ever drink. Through trial and error with several recipes I finally came up with something that tastes like my favorite candy, peanut butter cups! I love peanut cups so much that I can literally a whole bag of miniatures by myself. They have an addicting quality that I have never found in any other candy. <—– It’s probably the peanut butter. Because ever since I was a little girl I’ve been inhaling peanut butter with a spoon straight from the jar. I know that I’m not the only one doing that!
[bctt tweet=”It’s like drinking a melted peanut butter cup! “]
This peanut butter hot chocolate requires 5 ingredients. That’s it. You can make it on the stove top, or you can make it in the microwave. I’ve done both. The flavor and texture are the exact same, and the timing is almost identical. You can use any brand chocolate chips, I’ve used Enjoy Life and Ghirardelli. You can also use any peanut butter. I’ve sampled Peter Pan and Skippy, both however were “natural”, so that may make a difference, I’m not sure. I highly encourage you to double this recipe because whoever else is in the house, unless they detest peanut butter and chocolate together, are going to want their very own cup. You are not going to want to share this once you get a sip!
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small pot, heat the milk, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and chocolate chips over medium to high heat, whisking continuously.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted and your drink is hot (about 3 to 4 minutes), remove from the heat, and whisk in your peanut butter.
- Whisk until it's completely incorporated.
- Adding the peanut butter will drop the temperature, which is perfect to drink right away. But if your like me, I like my hot chocolate piping hot! Pull it back on the heat on medium to high and whisk until you have steam coming from the top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 670Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 5gSugar: 38gProtein: 12g