Peanut butter is a staple in our home. We always have a jar around because between peanut butter and jelly sandwich’s, peanut butter crackers (or graham crackers), and just plain ol’ peanut butter on a spoon, we kind of run out, a lot. It’s just yummy, filling, and if eaten in moderation, it’s good for you.
This recipe is sweet, peanut buttery, and decadent. Perfect for all peanut butter lovers out there!
-Scroll down for a printable version-
What do you need?
½ cup creamy peanut butter – we used Peanut Butter Co.
⅓ cup butter, softened – to make it vegan, use your favorite substitute
⅔ cup sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons ground flax
6 tablespoons water
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips – we used Enjoy Life Brand
What do you do?
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9X9 inch baking dish.
2. Mix together your ground flax and water, set aside to make eggs.
3. In one bowl mix together your flour, salt, and baking powder, set aside.
4. In a large bowl cream together your sugars and butter.
5. Add your eggs and vanilla.
6. Mix together until just combined. (I think the key is not over mixing when using flax “eggs”)
7. Slowly add your flour mix to your peanut butter, mix until combined, remember not to over mix.
8. Stir in your chocolate chips.
9. Spread your mixture into a baking dish.
10. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely. Cut into squares and enjoy!