4 Ingredients is all you need to make the best Peanut Butter and Honey Rice Krispie Treats! No marshmallows required!
August and September leaves so many of us tired and exhausted. I have been lucky for the past 5 years because I had the same schedule as the girls did when it came to work.
I worked at the elementary school that Kelsie attended and enjoyed summer break like a kid again. However, that luck diminished, because August and September drained me. I would come home from work everyday dragging, ready for bed. I made sure to have dinner prepped and ready to go, otherwise we would eat hot dogs or sandwiches.
However, this year is different. Kelsie and I are enjoying a slow process. We are homeschooling, and we aren’t so rushed. Afternoons are no longer go, go, go, and rush, rush, rush. We are extremely thankful and lucky that we are able to do this.
That doesn’t mean that I’m not a fan of quick and easy food anymore! I want dinner on the table, and snacks ready in minutes. Because time is precious no matter what kind of school and activities you are doing. And spare minutes are always hard to come by.
Not many of us want to spend those spare minutes in the kitchen prepping food. That is where our Peanut Butter and Honey Rice Krispie Treats come in!
These Rice Krispie Treats are literally ready in 15 minutes. Yes, 15 minutes! Sooner, if it’s not humid where you live. Plus you only need 4 ingredients!
Ingredients in Peanut Butter & Honey Rice Krispie Treats:
Rice Kripies cereal – peanut butter – honey – salt
Can I use another liquid sweetener?
I haven’t tested this recipe with anything other than honey.
Do I have to use peanut butter?
No way! Use almond butter, if you’d like.
Here are a few of our favorite peanut butter recipes:
- Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Banana Bread
- 4 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large glass bowl, pour in 4 cups of Rice Krispies cereal, and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup honey to a small sauce pot, and turn the heat to medium.Heat the honey to a boil and allow to boil for one minute.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter. Stirring until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the honey and peanut butter mixture over the Rice Krispies.
- Stir until all the Rice Krispies are coated.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment lined dish (I used an 11X7 inch), making sure to press firmly together.
- Place your dish into the freezer for 10 minutes. This is to allow the bars to set faster, so that you can enjoy quickly!
- Slice into whatever sized bars your heart desires, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g