This One Pan Ziti is so tasty and so easy to make. It’s one of our favorites!
These past two weeks have been crazy busy! Zack’s car has been in the shop, getting the transmission rebuilt; so we’ve had to work with one car. It’s been wild! Kelsie had tonsillitis last week, an eye appointment, dance started last week, and so did field trips with our homeschool group. Coop started Monday, and then I must have had a 24 hour bug this week. It was so crazy that if you blinked, you would have missed something for sure.
With busy days/weeks like we’ve had I’m thankful for meals that I can toss in one pan, and call it done in a short amount of time. I can easily toss one pan into the dishwasher with our dinner dishes, and not have to wash anything up myself. These one pan meals are a sanity saver! Not to mention that if I really didn’t feel like cooking I could pass the recipe off to my kids, and they could totally do it without screwing anything up.
This one pan ziti is everything you love about baked ziti but in a skillet prepared on the stove top. The flavors are all there, and that cheese, oh the cheesy goodness. I could literally eat this without the meat, and just do cheese and sauce alone, but then again I am a huge cheese fan! As a matter of fact 3 out of the 4 of us in our home are cheese fans. We literally buy no less than 6 bags of pre-shredded cheese, sliced cheese, and a block every two weeks. It’s a bit ridiculous, but we eat a lot of cheese! What’s one thing your family eats a lot of?
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 10 ounces ziti noodles
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 28-ounce
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. (make sure it has a lid that fits)
- Toss in the Italian sausage and cook until browned, making sure to break the sausage up as it cooks.
- Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the can of tomatoes and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta and 3 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover; reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 16 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese and heavy cream.
- Top with mozzarella and cover until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 563 Total Fat: 37g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 22g Cholesterol: 86mg Sodium: 1186mg Carbohydrates: 31g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 27g