All the flavors in this amazingly simple dish will make the whole family happy! Oh, and did I mention that this One Pan Spicy Sausage, Chicken, and Potato has hardly any clean-up?! Yay, for one pan meals!
I am a meat and potatoes kinda gal! I didn’t start eating vegetables until the last few years, but I would skip the veggies and pile on the potatoes any day of the week! Seriously, life can not get any better when potatoes and meat are involved. Steak and potatoes, hamburgers and french fries, see? Meat and potatoes are a great thing.
This One Pan Spicy Sausage, Chicken, and Potato have two kinds of meat y’all, and they also happen to be two of my favorites! I love smoked beef sausage and chicken so so much! I could alternate eating one of the other all week long and not get tired of it. I could also eat them together, like in this dish.
While I’m sitting here typing this I have chicken thawing out, and sausage sliced and ready to go. I don’t have the small yellow potatoes, but I do have baby red potatoes, and all the spices for this dinner. It’s just so easy, and we usually always have these three items in our fridge/freezer/pantry at any given time. Since there aren’t any veggies in this dish, I usually make a bag of steam fresh peas because they tend to be the most requested freezer vegetable from the girls. It’s one of those dishes that I can throw together during the week instead of having Zack stop and grab pizza on the way home!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound smoked beef sausage, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 pound yellow potatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped optional for topping
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and line with foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, oregano, and smoked paprika. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes and sausage on the foil lined baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and drizzle with a drop or two of oil. Stir to coat.
- Nestle the chicken within the sausage and potatoes.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is completely done.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 829Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 196mgSodium: 1107mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 58g