This One Pan Spicy Ranch Chicken & Veggies is loaded with flavor! Chicken, asparagus, carrots, and potatoes come together with a few seasonings to create the perfect dinner.
Once again I have churned out another one pan dinner! 🙂 I feel like Buddy the Elf when I talk about one pan dinners. I just like one pan dinners, one pan dinners are my favorite! Because seriously they are!
Before Kayla started working kitchen clean up was left for her. I usually clean as I go, so she only had plates, silverware, and the pots and pans that food is actually in, to clean up.
However, once she started being gone most nights of the week to work, I hated to cook and clean up after myself. Zack is pretty good about kitchen clean up, but he takes his time. I like to get in the kitchen, clean up, and get out as quickly as possible.
So this is when I decided to start making one pan dinners. They make sense. They are quick. They cook in one pan, which means very little to clean up afterward.
I usually use a sheet pan lined with foil or parchment paper, but when I want my chicken seared, I always go for my stainless steel, oven proof pan. It's dishwasher safe, so clean up is still just as simple.
A quick rinse, and into the dishwasher it goes.
I love when a recipe calls for everything you need like this one. You have protein, starch, and veggies all-in-one, so no need for even the other way I like to cook sometimes using steam fresh veggies for our sides.
We love ranch flavored everything (well almost), so several of my recipes call for ranch packets or ranch style seasonings.
However, we also like spicy...not too spicy. Well, Zack likes spicy, but the girls and I prefer a milder heat to his scorch your tongue ghost peppers.
This recipe has a little spice, but it just takes a quick little addition to turn the heat up to your liking on this one!
One Pan Spicy Ranch Chicken & Veggies ingredients:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- baby carrots
- baby red potatoes
- ranch seasoning mix
- hot sauce
- Italian seasoning
- olive oil
If you don't like asparagus, switch it out and use fresh broccoli or green beans.
Both of those would pair perfectly with the flavors in this dish. I always say make it your own!
Any potato would also work in this recipe, and be quite yummy too.
You could also use chicken thighs, if that is what you have, or your family prefers.
More one pan family favorites:
- One Pan Sausage, Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato
- One Pan Crispy Flounder and Vegetables
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce similar to sriracha
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Mix together one tablespoon olive oil, hot sauce, seasonings, spices, and ranch packet. Toss the chicken and veggies into the marinade, and marinade for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a large oven proof pan over medium to high heat.
- Drizzle the hot pan with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Sear the chicken on both sides. (about 3 to 4 minutes per side) You are not cooking the chicken through, you just want a nice sear.
- Turn the stove top off, and nestle the veggies and potatoes around the chicken. It's fine if some of them are on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken has reached 165 degrees. Remove from the oven, and serve hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 1339mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 42g
Did you make this recipe? Tag @joanna_everydaymadefresh on Instagram