One pan is all you need for this full of flavor One Pan Skillet Sausage and Rice recipe. Loaded with smoked sausage, rice, peppers and onions, it’s a meal ready in 30 minutes or less!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convince. Click here to read my full disclosure policy
I don’t know about you but if I can make dinner every night of the week in one pan, I’m all for it! The less dishes to place into the dish washer the better off I am. I loathe kitchen clean up. From all the knives and cutting boards from the prep to the pile of pots and pans it took to cook dinner in, I’m over it. I am all for looking for more of these one pan meals!
I need to do a whole post on one pan meals so that this summer when time is short we can all benefit from being in the kitchen less. Maybe I’ll do that. But until then, you can check out some of our favorites: One Pan Jerk Chicken and Rice, One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Asparagus, One Pan Buttermilk and Herb Pork Chops and Vegetables, One Pan Chicken and Potato Bake, and Cheesy Tuna Pasta Skillet.
Anyways. This One Pan Skillet Sausage and Rice is so good! I am not a huge fan of the green bell pepper, however this dish wouldn’t be the same without it. It’s a must! And you know what? It was delicious! Maybe I’m a bigger fan then I thought. We used smoked beef sausage in this dish, but you could change it up to turkey or chicken, if that’s what y’all like better.
- 2 cups quick cooking rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-14 oz package of smoked sausage sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat one tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the sausage and cook over medium to high heat until browned, stirring frequently.
- Remove the sausage and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Stir in the onions, garlic, and bell pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook for approximately 4 to 5 minutes, or until the onions and bell pepper are softened, stirring frequently. (don't burn your garlic!)
- Stir in the vegetable broth, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and the cooked sausage.
- Turn the heat down to medium low.
- Cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and allow to sit for one minute.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. (optional)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 824mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 10g
What kitchen essentials did I use to make this dish possible?
- Prepworks by Progressive Snap Fit Measuring Spoons – Set of 5
- Hudson Essentials Stainless Steel Measuring Cups Set – 6 Piece stackable with spout
- Pyrex 3 – Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set
- Rachael Ray Cucina Cutlery 2-Piece Japanese Stainless Steel Santoku Knife Set with Acacia Handles
- Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe 10-Piece Cookware Set
- CounterArt Flexible Cutting Mat with Food Icons, Set of 4