Smoked sausage, sharp cheddar cheese, and broccoli come together in this family pleasing, easy clean up - One Pan Sausage, Rice and Broccoli.
Smoked sausage, fresh or frozen broccoli, rice, and cheese come together in an amazing dish that will fill your family's belly full!
This summer is flying by and we've been so busy lately, and that seems to make time move even faster. I've been creating one pan meals on a rotation every single day to make my life easier.
Between Kayla working nearly everyday, and me trying to get everything ready for our home school room, and lessons planned out for the year, it's just been crazy, and I look for every opportunity to cut out the unnecessary parts; like spending all evening in the kitchen cooking and cleaning up.
What is the difference between smoked sausage and kielbasa?
Smoked sausage can be made from ground pork, turkey, beef, or a combination of any of those meats. Smoked sausage usually contains a variety of seasonings.
Polish kielbasa is made from ground pork or turkey.
Is smoked sausage already cooked?
Yes. But you should always warm it up to an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
Optional add-ins/substitutions for One Pan Sausage, Rice and Broccoli:
- Add Bell peppers
- Add Onions
- Sub the smoked beef sausage for a smoked turkey or smoked chicken sausage.
- You could also substitute the broccoli for cauliflower
More of our favorite one pan dishes:
- ½ tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 containers Minute® Ready to Serve Rice
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup broccoli florets fresh or frozen – if using frozen, thaw before use
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat your Minute® Ready to Serve Rice according to the directions. Set aside.
- In a large pan over medium to high heat, heat your oil. (make sure your pan has a lid that fits)
- Cook sausage for 4 to 5 minutes until browned on both sides.
- Remove sausage and set aside. Use a slotted spoon so that the oil stays in the pan.
- Saute the onion and broccoli until the onion is translucent and the broccoli is tender crisp.
- Add rice to the skillet and stir.
- Pour in the chicken broth and stir.
- Stir in sausage and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Cover and let sit for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 539Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 1329mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 24g