This One Pan Sausage Rice and Broccoli is a breeze to make and clean-up is no problem at all!
Smoked sausage, fresh or frozen broccoli, rice, and cheese come together in an amazing dish that will fill your family’s belly full!
I’ve teamed up with Minute® Ready to Serve Rice since my love for one pan meals not only makes clean up so easy, but using the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice makes this meal cook faster than ever, since it only takes 60 seconds for this rice to be ready!
This summer is flying by and we’ve been so busy lately, and that seems to make time move even faster. I’ve been creating one pan meals on a rotation every single day to make my life easier.
Between Kayla working nearly everyday, and me trying to get everything ready for our home school room, and lessons planned out for the year, it’s just been crazy, and I look for every opportunity to cut out the unnecessary parts; like spending all evening in the kitchen cooking and cleaning up.
Since swapping out the rice in my one pan meals with the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice, it’s been a huge time saver!
I usually use Jasmine or Brown, but Minute® Ready to Serve Rice comes in a lot of different options such as: Basmati Rice, Brown & Wild Rice, Multi-Grain Medley, and many others. You are bound to find something to fit the dish you’re looking to create!
I usually have enough leftover chicken from dinner, and I always keep frozen broccoli in the freezer, so using the Minute® Ready to Serve Rice, tossed with a little soy free soy sauce makes for a fast and nutritious lunch!
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 containers Minute® Ready to Serve Rice
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup broccoli florets fresh or frozen – if using frozen, thaw before use
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat your Minute® Ready to Serve Rice according to the directions. Set aside.
- In a large pan over medium to high heat, heat your oil. (make sure your pan has a lid that fits)
- Cook sausage for 4 to 5 minutes until browned on both sides.
- Remove sausage and set aside. Use a slotted spoon so that the oil stays in the pan.
- Saute the onion and broccoli until the onion is translucent and the broccoli is tender crisp.
- Add rice to the skillet and stir.
- Pour in the chicken broth and stir.
- Stir in sausage and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Cover and let sit for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 539 Total Fat: 43g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 101mg Sodium: 1329mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 24g
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.