This One Pan Ranch Chicken and Vegetables is packed with flavor, uses only 7 ingredients, and cooks in 35 minutes!
We are almost in full swing of back to school around here. That will include school supply shopping, uniform shopping, new school spirit shirts, back packs, and lunch boxes.
It will be me trying to figure out quick, easy, and yummy dinners, because I hate spending the entire evening in the kitchen after helping with homework, cooking and cleaning to be followed by baths and bedtime.
It just feels too rushed, and I want to try and have relaxing evenings this year.
I like simple, under 30 minute meals. If it’s over 30 minutes, then I prefer to have one pan dishes that I just sorta throw in a pan, and place in the oven, and forget it until the timer goes off.
With minimal clean up.
Lucky for me, and you, since I’m sharing this with you today, this is a throw it in a pan, place it in the oven, set the timer, and enjoy kind of meal.
This one pan chicken and vegetables is done from prep to finish in 45 minutes, and the jest of your work is in the prep and eating. See, simple!
The carrots and potatoes are full of flavor, so much that even Kelsie ate the carrots, and that is unheard of.
Although she will eat raw carrots, cooked ones never touch her plate, and if they do they stay there until somebody else eats them, or she feeds them to the dogs.
The skin on this chicken is crispy and the meat is juicy, so no dried out chicken here.
You can double this recipe to feed more than 6 and really don’t need anything else to go with this, unless you just really wanted rolls.
Which I won’t tell you that your wrong, because I would eat rolls at every meal of the day!
One Pan Ranch Chicken and Vegetables ingredients:
- chicken breasts
- red potatoes
- baby carrots
- Ranch seasoning packet
- brown sugar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
More one pan family favorites:
- One Pan Crispy Flounder and Vegetables
- Honey Mustard Chicken and Vegetables
- One Pot Spicy Chicken and Rice
- 6 boneless I de-boned mine, skin-on chicken breasts
- 16 ounces red potatoes cut in half
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 1 package Ranch seasoning packet Simply Organic is allergy friendly for us
- 6 teaspoons brown sugar divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and lightly oil a baking sheet or 11X13 inch Pyrex baking dish.
- Using your fingers, massage the chicken with one teaspoon of brown sugar for each breast, making sure to get both sides.
- Place chicken, potatoes, and carrots in a single layer, drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the garlic all over the carrots, potatoes, and chicken.
- Sprinkle the ranch packet all over the carrots, potatoes, and chicken.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Bake until your chicken is no longer pink, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Broil for a couple of minutes, or until the sugar has caramelized and slightly charred.
- Remove from the oven, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 490mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g