Creamy buttermilk, garlic, and herbs top juicy pork chops and vegetables to create the perfect One Pan Buttermilk and Herb Pork Chop and Vegetables.
It's no surprise that I gravitate towards one pan dishes. They are simple, taste great, and nine times out of ten combine a protein, starch, and vegetable.
Clean up is a cinch when your talking one pan, and I don't know about you, but this time of year I need all the time I can get outside of my kitchen.
Everybody that I know loves ranch salad dressing and ranch dip. This dish combines the ease of a ranch dressing packet, however, if your not a ranch fan (I wouldn't know why you wouldn't be), you could always use an Italian dressing packet instead. Just go with whichever your family likes the best.
Kelsie has been getting in the kitchen lately and helping me out, sort of a cooking lesson for home school. She slices potatoes, seasons, and taste tests, learning flavors.
The best part about cooking, it's math and science rolled into one! I bet she could tell you the correct temperature for safe to eat pork, and tell you which potato is which (red, fingerling, Idaho, etc).
Kids definitely belong in the kitchen at some point in their childhood, because they should never be turned out into the real world without having had any lessons. Otherwise they end up eating microwave dinners and fast food. And that was my soapbox announcement today.
One Pan Buttermilk and Herb Pork Chop and Vegetables ingredients:
- pork chops boneless, ¾ to 1 inch thick
- red potatoes
- green beans
- ranch dressing mix
- salt and pepper
Switch out the potatoes with something that your family likes! Sweet potatoes, yellow potatoes, etc.
Don't like green beans? Asparagus or broccoli would work just as well.
Here are a few of our one pan favorites, that I think you'll like:
- Honey Mustard Chicken and Vegetables
- Greek Chicken and Orzo Skillet
- One Pan Spicy Ranch Chicken and Vegetables
- 4 pork chops boneless, ¾ to 1 inch thick
- 1 pound small red potatoes quartered
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons oil divided
- 1 package ranch dressing mix we use the organic brand from Publix
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Heat a large oven proof pan, over medium heat. Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil in the pan.
- Season your pork chops with salt and pepper. Place your pork chops in the heated pan, and sear both sides, for just a couple of minutes per side. Remove from the pan, and set aside.
- Drizzle the remaining oil on the potatoes and green beans.
- Sprinkle the ranch packet over the potatoes and green beans, leaving about one tablespoon for the pork chops, and bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until your potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle the remaining ranch on the pork chops and bake for 15 minutes, or until they have reached a temperature of 145 degrees.
- Allow a few minutes to cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 583Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 738mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 6gSugar: 7gProtein: 47g
Did you make this recipe? Tag @joanna_everydaymadefresh on Instagram