Slightly tangy and sweet hints from the balsamic vinegar with fresh garlic, chicken baked to perfection, with a roasted asparagus in one pan that makes this One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Asparagus dish that is a family pleaser.
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything by clicking on the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
One pan dishes are all this busy mom/teacher/wife/chef/taxi service/maid have time for anymore. Are you feeling me?
Of course since I have a food blog, I do get to make a lot of different meals and goodies. But when it’s a night off from prepping a meal that will wind up here, I like one pan, little clean up, with big flavors.
This one pan balsamic chicken and asparagus is just that! I don’t spend a lot of money on sheet pans for dinners like this one. I like this cheap one on Amazon. I usually just line them all with non stick foil anyways. Hello? No clean up!
I mentioned on Wednesday about the variety of the vegetables that we don’t eat around here. Our normal has been brussel sprouts and broccoli. I also throw these roasted carrots into that mix.
Of course I have asparagus in this dish. Yep, Joanna is getting crazy around there with her cooking! Nah, it’s just that I saw this recipe from Beyond Kimchee and had to give it a try.
It fell into my one pan, little clean up deal.
I’ve never really eaten asparagus. I mean we’ve bought a bundle here and there, and I’ve roasted it or pan seared it with olive oil, butter, and seasonings.
I would always throw a couple of spears on my plate, but I’ve never really liked it. It was just ok.
This asparagus however, wow. I’m not sure if it’s the flash cooking, or roasting it under the broiler. Honestly it’s probably the marinade!
This dish has become the reason that Kelsie eats asparagus now. When we see a bundle of it in the store, she will ask for me to buy it.
And, I’m thankful that we are finally branching out from our normal veggie routine.
A tip on how to get kids to eat asparagus:
When picking your bunch of asparagus at the store, buy fresh and try and pick the bunch with the skinniest stalks. I find that the skinny stalks are easier for those that are picky to try, and actually like.
Keep clean up easy:
I always line my pans with a non stick foil. The key here is to make sure to cover it in its entirety. This guarantees no leaks, and a clean pan that only needs a quick wipe down when done.
Cooking Chicken –
Make sure that your chicken is the same thickness. I try and choose as close as possible. If you really short on time, you can pound out your chicken breasts and usually cut your cook time down by 10 minutes!
Want more dinner ideas like this one?
- One Pan Crispy Flounder & Vegetables
- Sheet Pan Sausage, Asparagus and Sweet Potato
- Sheet Pan Sausage, Sweet Potato and Apple
- One Pan Ranch Chicken and Vegetables
- One Pan Jerk Chicken & Veggies
- One Pan Spicy Sausage, Chicken and Potato
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bundle of asparagus rinsed and ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce or our version or soy free soy sauce, if you have a soy allergy
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- To marinate the chicken combine the chicken, garlic, olive oil, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar in a zip top bag. It's best to marinate at least 4 hours, but over night would be ideal.
- When your ready to cook, just line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, and preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place your chicken and the marinade on the pan and bake for 30 minutes. (depending on how thick your breasts are you may need to cook a bit longer)
- Remove the chicken from the oven and put the asparagus on the pan, making sure to coat it in the sauce all over the pan.
- Turn your oven to broil, and place the pan in the oven for 10 minutes, making sure to flip your chicken at the half way point.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 102mg Sodium: 1263mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Protein: 39g