Nothing says weekend breakfasts quite like French Toast. This No Fuss Egg Free French Toast is packed with flavor, crispy edges, soft centers, and a taste that will make you realize that your egg allergy isn’t a breakfast killer after all!
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for always supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
As I was thinking of all the foods that Kelsie could still have that I just needed to modify for her allergies, French Toast was completely off of my radar. After all the main ingredient besides the bread is eggs.
Then I began thinking of vegans, and how I was positive they still enjoyed this perfect weekend breakfast. I started prodding the internet for “vegan french toast” and was shot back with a lot of different recipes.
A lot were the exact same, using flour and some sort of dairy alternative.
However, after really digging these recipes were changing to include bananas. Hmmm, now THAT sounded interesting.
A pulverized banana has the same texture as an egg after you’ve mixed it up. So after giving a few a try and modifying it to our liking, Kelsie had the yummiest French toast around!
Can you freeze french toast?
Yes – allow to cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap – I mention this all the time, but I like using press and seal.
Freeze for up to 2 months.
How do you reheat this?
If you froze them – pop into the toaster, and hit the frozen button. If you do not have a frozen button, make sure to test it after one toast cycle.
You can alternatively heat in a 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
What are some great toppings?
- Maple syrup
- sliced bananas
- melted nut butters
- cinnamon and powdered sugar
If you like this, you’ll love our Egg Free French Toast Casserole!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup milk (or dairy alternative)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4-6 slices of bread – we use Alvardo St. Bakery Whole Wheat Sprouted, it’s vegan
- In a blender, food processor, or similar, mix up the banana, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Pour into a pie plate or other shallow dish.Heat a slightly greased non-stick skillet over medium to high heat.
- Coat both sides of a slice of bread and place into the heated skillet.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown. About 2-3 minutes per side.
- Cook remaining bread slices just the same.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 254mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 9gSugar: 10gProtein: 14g