If you love peanut butter cups, this simple No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is for you! The base is a simple homemade graham cracker crust, filled with a chocolate ganache, cream cheese, peanut butter mixture that is finger licking good!
Y’all I have a small obsession with all things chocolate and peanut butter. It’s a combo that I’ve rarely said no to. It’s one that I can remember obsessing over since my first bite of a peanut butter cup. It doesn’t even matter that I ate so many one time that I made myself sick. Literally. Most people are over a food once they are made sick by it. I know that I usually am. However, that just wasn’t the case with chocolate and peanut butter.
I have probably made every combination of chocolate and peanut butter that one could think of. Cake? I’ve made it. (The Best Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting and Peanut Butter Chocolate Explosion Mug Cake) Cookies? Yep, totally. (Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies) Bars and Brownies? Of course! (Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies and No Bake Peanut Butter Bars) And let’s not forget the Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips or the Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate! Yet, I had never made pie! It was bound to happen. It finally did, and it’s perfection. The best part? It’s no bake! I love no bake treats, and hardly ever make them.
This No Bake Peanut Butter Pie is perfect for any occasion in which you need a dessert. Thinking ahead to the summer, this is a perfect summer treat. You only need to bake the crust for about 8 minutes. Which to me still signifies this a no bake dessert, because the center gets all perfect in the fridge! If I can keep from heating up the oven for hours on end, I’m all about it. Especially when it’s hot this summer. I’ll admit I made this one in January, and I was actually thrilled to have the oven on for the 8 minutes to bake the crust. Haha.
You don’t actually have to bake the crust. It will hold together just fine without the bake. However, it will be a bit more crumbly. No big deal though, right? Because nobody has ever been upset over graham cracker crumbs.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs about 10 sheets
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chopped peanuts
- shaved chocolate
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix together the ingredients for the crust, and press into the bottom and the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 7 minutes. Allow to cool completely before filling.
- Combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, until the chocolate is completely melted. Allow to cool while the crust is cooling. Once it's cooled, place the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl attached to a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat for 3 minutes until creamy. Pour the chocolate mixture into the peanut butter mix, and mix until just combined. Spread into the crust, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl attached to a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk together the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat until soft peaks form. Top the chocolate peanut butter pie! Top the whipped topping with chopped peanuts and shaved chocolate. Serve cold.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 541 Total Fat: 41g Saturated Fat: 20g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 74mg Sodium: 268mg Carbohydrates: 40g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 29g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g