This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameTimeClean #CollectiveBias
Game time is here! In the south we do it up big! Big games call for big flavors, and this nacho cheese sauce is loaded with flavor, without the processed cheese. It’s one of our favorites, and it’s so simple to make it will quickly become one of your favorites too! I grabbed my ingredients, just a handful I promise, and while I was at Walmart I went ahead and grabbed Viva® Vantage® Towels for quick and easy clean up. Let’s face it cooking anything is messy, and since Viva® Vantage® Towels are great for grabbing those messes, I knew that I could have my nacho cheese sauce ready to go, and clean up as I went, leaving more time to watch the game! It may seem like a lot of steps y’all, but it’s not. I can have this made in 20 minutes, and so can you!
Even though this is so simple to throw together for your next big game, I made several little messes along the way. But thankfully I was able to get them cleaned as I went with a couple of wet Viva® Vantage® Towels !
What do you serve for game time at your house? I’d love to know!
- 1 bag of your favorite tortilla chips
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 to 2 pinches of our better then the packet! homemade taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons chopped jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups cheese
- 1 can re-fried beans + 1/2 can water
- **Toppings such as sour cream guacamole, chives, diced tomato, extra jalapeno slices, etc.
- Cook your ground beef, toss in 1 to 2 pinches of our homemade taco seasoning, stir, and drain away any grease from your beef.
- While your grease is draining away, pour in your re-fried beans and 1/2 can water. Keep heat on low, and stir occasionally.
- In a medium sauce pot, melt two tablespoons butter.
- Add your flour to your melted butter, and stir to incorporate.
- Slowly pour in your milk, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes, start adding your cheese.
- Add in small amounts at a time, until it's all stirred in and melted.
- Toss in your chopped jalapenos and ground beef.
- Stir to combine, and make your plate!
- Chips, beans, and nacho cheese sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 721Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 136mgSodium: 763mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 40g