Everyone will want to fill their bowls with this Mint White Chocolate Cookie Crumble Ice Cream. Creamy homemade vanilla ice cream swirled with white chocolate and mint chocolate cookie pieces make this ice cream taste like Christmas!
One dessert/treat/snack that is highly underrated, I think, is ice cream. There are cakes, cookies, pies, and bars galore in every flavor combination that you can think of. But when it comes to ice cream, not everybody wants to step out of their comfort zone and make it.
I don’t know if people think it’s hard, or what, but I’m here to tell you ice cream is actually really simple to make. Anybody can make it! And the flavor combinations are endless.
I wanted to make an ice cream that was loaded with yumminess. An ice cream that would become a favorite to all. One that didn’t need chocolate syrup drizzled on the top, or snuggled between bananas with lot’s of toppings, to make it fantastic.
Nope, I just wanted an ice cream that was fabulous all by itself. Y’all, I got it with this Mint White Chocolate Cookie Crumble Ice Cream.
It’s loaded with white chocolate and mint chocolate cookie pieces. So very similar to those Girl Scout thin mints! But, it’s Back to Nature Fudge Mint Cookies, and you can find them anywhere these days.
They are the perfect alternative because Girl Scout cookies only come around like what, once a year? If mint wasn’t your thing, you could totally opt to go with peanut butter cookies, or chocolate chip cookies, or even chocolate sandwich cookies.
What are some variations?
- Swap out the white chocolate for dark chocolate or milk chocolate
- Or go with a peanut butter cookie and peanut butter chips
- Vanilla wafers and caramel chips
I totally cheated and used an ice cream maker when I made this. I wanted to eat the ice cream sooner rather than later.
Do I need an ice cream maker to make Mint White Chocolate Cookie Crumble Ice Cream?
No! If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can totally still make this. It’s just going to take longer to get in your bowl, because of THE freezing time. Just toss in a freezer safe container once you get it all mixed up, and allow to freeze, at least 6 to 8 hours.
I have an ice cream maker that I bought from QVC years ago. It’s just a simple little thing, not like what I grew up with at all. No rock salt, ice, or hours needed. And you can purchase ice cream makers everywhere these days. Mine is a basic canister that you stash in the freezer, that attaches to a little machine when you’re ready to make your ice cream. Enough about ice cream makers, let’s make this ice cream!
What ingredients do I need to make Mint White Chocolate Cookie Crumble Ice Cream?
- heavy whipping cream
- condensed milk
- white chocolate chips
- Fudge Mint Cookies
Here are some other ice cream flavors I think you’ll love:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream - ice cold! I place this in the freezer for 10 minutes prior to using.
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 15 Fudge Mint Cookies
- Place your cookies into a food processor and give them a whirl. Or you can just roughly chop them up with a large knife. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the condensed milk and 1 cup of the white chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Stir. You just want to melt the white chocolate chips. Most of the time you only need that 30 seconds. Just keep stirring. If you have stirred and stirred, and they aren't all melted, pop in back in for 15 seconds. Once the white chocolate is melted and mixed in, set aside.
- Pour your ice cold heavy whipping cream and vanilla into a large bowl.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip the whipping cream on high for 5 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Pour the condensed milk white chocolate mix into the whipping cream, and continue to mix for 3 to 4 minutes.
- If you are not using an ice cream maker - Go ahead and pour this into a freezer safe container and stir in the cookie chunks and additional white chocolate chips.
- If you are using an ice cream maker - turn it on and place this mix into the ice cream maker - After 5 minutes, drop in the cookie chunks and extra white chocolate chips.
- Enjoy either when your ice cream maker is finished, according to the directions. Or enjoy after you've frozen it for a couple of hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 0gSugar: 49gProtein: 5g