Perfectly delectable Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Just because these cookies aren’t neon green doesn’t mean they aren’t packed with flavor. Since when did green signal mint for us? Take York Peppermint Patties for instance, no green there. Double Mint Gum? Again, no green. So these cookies? No green here.
I don’t really remember the first time I ever had mint chocolate chip, but I remember falling head over heels for it. It’s probably because it’s laced in chocolate, and I’ll probably eat and love anything with chocolate in the title or ingredients list. I admit it, I’m a chocoholic. It’s a horrible addiction, but it could be worse.
When I set out to make these cookies, I have no idea why I found it so hard to find anything made with less than 2 eggs. I just sort of found one and went with it, using only one egg replacement, and lucky me, it worked. Thankfully. Then after making them I thought that I should have just went with my other chocolate chip cookie recipe and traded out the chips, and dashed in some mint extract, but no that wouldn’t have been right either. The cookie would have been off somehow. Trial and error, always when it comes to cooking and baking.
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds + 3 tablespoons water or 1 egg do this first and set aside
- 2 sticks butter room temp
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 bag of Andes Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix that flax egg together, if you haven't already done so, and set aside.
- Sift together your flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Mix in your egg.
- Slowly add your dry mix to your wet ingredients, until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in your Andes Baking Chips
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls.
- Flatten as you place them on an ungreased baking sheet. (I used the bottom of a mason jar)
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g