Packed with pumpkin and chocolate chips, these Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are simple to make, and a great way to enjoy the flavors of fall, all in one bite!
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for always supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
Do you love pumpkin as much as we do? We think it's pretty ahh-maaazing! As soon as Starbucks and DD start advertising that pumpkin spice is back, I'm all like YAY! Not just because I love pumpkin spice latte's, but because pumpkin spiced goodies are showing up in the store everywhere.
However, word to the wise, don't buy the pumpkin spiced Cheerios! Those are a little too much spice, my mouth was actually tingly from so much raw spice. Eeek!
Anyway, we aren't here to talk about cereal, we are here to discuss all the wonderful pumpkin goodness that is here! Of course these aren't just ordinary Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. Y'all these are made using Rodelle's Pumpkin Spice Extract which take the pumpkin spice flavor to the next level!
I have quite a few on the blog here; Streusel Topped Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Drizzle, Pumpkin Spice Squares, Pumpkin Bread Pudding, and about 13 others. Just search "pumpkin" in the search bar on the side. You won't be disappointed!
These little gems came about when I bought those pre-packaged mini muffins for Kayla. Kelsie can't have them because of her allergies. I felt like a bad momma for buying something that I didn't have an immediate alternative for her.
Usually when I buy something she can't have like Doritos, I buy her Nacho Cheese Beanitos as her alternative. We get what we want, and she gets something that's similar; and always healthier. Anyway. So I didn't have anything for her, but I do have a mini muffin pan, so hello I can make mini muffins!
I ask Kelsie what she wanted and she said pumpkin muffins. OK - she is totally my child! You want pumpkin muffins, you are gonna get pumpkin muffins. I quickly whipped together a batch and tossed in a handful of chocolate chips, because chocolate makes everything taste better!
Zack was all like "pumpkin and chocolate, um, okay." His "um, okay" sounded as if he didn't think that pumpkin and chocolate were gonna jive together. However, I proved him wrong! Pumpkin and chocolate go perfectly together!
How do I make these gluten free?
We love Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free One to One Baking Mix. It's by far the only blend I've found that has results that taste like flour.
Here are some more pumpkin recipes that I think you'll love:
- Double Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Pumpkin Spice Caramel
- Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix
Mini Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Packed with pumpkin and chocolate chips, these Mini Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins are simple to make, and a great way to enjoy the flavors of fall!
- 1 and ¾ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar I used dark
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree – not the pie filling
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips I used regular size
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a mini muffin tin, or line it with mini muffin cups.
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the butter and brown sugar.
- Whisk in the eggs and pumpkin spice extract.
- Finally stir in the milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir until just combined. (you don’t want to overmix)
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and place 1 heaping tablespoon full of batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing. from the pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
These look terrific! Save one for me.
You got it!