These Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Muffins are just like that favorite bowl of oatmeal that you love so much. However, these are easier to transport, making them the perfect breakfast!
Years ago I used to eat oatmeal every morning. I’m talking every.single.day. for years! I would buy the flavored packets because they came in so many flavors, and they were so easy to fix.
The only thing about eating oatmeal every morning for breakfast was that you had to get up, fix it (only a minute and a half in the microwave), wait for it to cool <— have you burned your tongue on oatmeal?!
OUCH! then scarf it down to make it out the door on time for work.
Times have changed. We stopped buying oatmeal because Kelsie was diagnosed with an allergy to oat.
She misses oatmeal something awful. I recently started buying it again because Kayla was eating cereal everyday for breakfast and complaining that it wasn’t enough to fill her up. I agree completely.
Does cereal fill anyone up until lunch time?! It never has me.
Anyway. I started buying it again, and started eating it again myself. Wow, I missed it. Kelsie still has her allergy, but she doesn’t miss it that much anymore.
The only thing about the oatmeal for breakfast, Kayla hardly has time to finish a bowl. Even though you don’t get but a half cup by the time it’s cooked.
You can’t take oatmeal in the car with you, so I had to come up with something different.
She can grab one out the door on the way to school. Since they are filled with oatmeal, it will help keep her fuller longer. It works! She loves them, and has requested that I make them three times in the last three weeks. Yay, score one for mom!
Maple Brown Sugar Muffin ingredients:
- rolled oats
- baking powder
- baking soda
- maple syrup
- vanilla Greek yogurt
- light brown sugar
Maple syrup – honey or agave
Milk – almond milk or your favorite non dairy milk
Vanilla Greek yogurt – your favorite yogurt choice, vanilla or plain
Light Brown Sugar – dark brown sugar
Gluten free? Use a measure for measure gluten free flour
Our favorite muffin recipes:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats not instant
- 1 teasponn baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place liners in 10 muffin cups. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the egg, milk, maple syrup, yogurt, and brown sugar.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, and stir to combine.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring utensil, scoop out measured portions and drop them into the lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to one week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g