These are perfect St. Patrick’s Day Rice Krispie Treats! Luck of the Irish Rice Krispie Treats are green, topped with white chocolate, and covered in rainbow sprinkles.
We aren’t huge St. Patrick’s Day celebrators. I have a banner that hangs above our tv, and then a “kiss me I’m Irish” sign, and that’s it. But when it comes to holiday themed foods….Who doesn’t love a cute holiday themed treat?
These are really adorable and your kids are going to love them! Plus they are pretty easy to make.
Even though these treats are called Luck of the Irish Kripsie Treats, you could easily change up the colors and name for any holiday. I love recipes like that, interchangeable from one holiday to the next. Especially when it’s a classic like krispie treats!
If you think about it, a lot of recipes that you already make are probably perfect for any holiday with a swap of colors in the ingredients and a name change!
How do you make St. Patrick’s Day Rice Krispie Treats?
You’ll make these St. Patrick’s Day Rice Krispie Treats pretty much the same way you do any rice krispie treat.
Melt your marshmallows, add in butter, and here, we will add green food coloring, to give it that holiday flare.
Mix it in the rice krispie cereal, and pour into a parchment lined dish.
Once hardened, slice into squares.
Melt white chocolate, dip the top of the rice krispie treats into the melted chocolate, and sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles, before the chocolate firms up.
Other ideas for these St. Patrick’s Day Rice Krispie Treats:
Instead of dipping the tops, you could drizzle the melted chocolate across the tops.
Mix in the sprinkles with the cereal.
Top with Skittles – rainbow colors!
Alternatively, instead of dying the cereal base green, you could dye the white chocolate or use green candy melts.
If you prefer you could totally make the marshmallows from scratch. This is the recipe that I use all the time. Super simple to follow!
Here are some other holiday favorites that you would be great for St. Patrick’s Day:
- Valentine Graham Cracker Toffee – you could change up the sprinkles here, and name! 😉
- Funfetti Cheesecake
- Vanilla Funfetti Puppy Chow
- Funfetti Cupcakes
- 8 cups rice cereal
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups marshmallows
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- rainbow sprinkles
- green food dye
- Line a 9X13 inch dish with wax paper, set aside.
- Place your rice cereal into a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium sized pot, melt your butter over medium to high heat.
- Once melted add the marshmallows, and stir until they are melted.
- Remove from the heat and add as much green food dye as you'd like. Stirring as you go.
- Once you have the green color you are looking for, pour the melted marshmallow mix into your bowl of rice cereal.
- Stirring with a large rubber spatula until all of the cereal is coated.
- Pour into your prepared dish.
- Using your rubber spatula, or another sheet of wax paper, press the cereal mix down flat.
- Allow to cool and harden.
- Once hardened, remove the treats from the dish, by picking up the wax paper.
- Cut into whatever sized squares you prefer.
- Melt your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for one minute, with the microwave on 50% power.
- Stir really well.
- Return to the microwave and go for another 30 seconds, on 50% power.
- Stir until all the chips are melted.
- Dip the bottoms of your cut treats into the white chocolate.
- Place on the wax paper and sprinkle with the sprinkles.
- Allow to harden before storing them in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g