These Low Carb Steak Fajita Roll Ups are guilt free and loaded with flavors that won’t leave you missing the tortilla!
Last month I shared our recipe for Low Carb Chicken Fajita Roll Ups, and it was popular! This time I decided to change one thing up, the meat! We love steak and these Low Carb Steak Fajita Roll Ups are perfection. The steak is tender, the veggies are crisp, and the flavors are screaming freshly made at your favorite Mexican restaurant.
If you’re watching your carbs, this dish is the way to go. If you aren’t watching your carbs, then wrap a tortilla around this bad boy. Seriously? Seriously. Kayla totally did. Plus it’s such a freaking easy way to make fajitas!
I was totally worried the first time I made these in the oven, I was like is the steak gonna cook right? What if it’s tough? What if it’s got a weird color? Blah, blah. I had a lot of worries that first time. But I’ve been making these for weeks now without anything going array, so I knew that I had to share with y’all!
Serve these along side a fresh guacamole salad and you’ve got the perfect meal! Just search for guac salad on Pinterest, there are lot’s of yummy ones. We had this along side Perfect Mexican Rice. Not exactly low carb, but I chose to keep my carbs on the side for this dish! 😉
- 1 pound sirloin steak, sliced extra thin
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- juice from one lime
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix together the olive oil and all the seasonings in a small bowl or large measuring cup.
- Place the peppers and onions in a large zip top bag with half the marinade. And place the steak into another zip top bag with the remaining marinade.
- Toss to coat, and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place one slice of steak on the baking sheet, 6 slices of bell pepper strip and 3 onion slices. Roll and place seam side down. Do this with the remaining veggies and steak. I had a few peppers remaining, so I simply placed them on the side of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and then broil for 5 minutes. At this point, your veggies are still crisp in the center, inside the steak. You can increase bake time for softer veggies.
If you want softer veggies, without over cooking the meat. Toss them into a large pan, over medium heat, and cook until slightly tender, then proceed with the baking instructions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 781mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 32g