This Loaded Baked Potato Salad is made with a creamy ranch dressing, crunchy bacon pieces, cheddar cheese, perfectly cooked potatoes, and topped with chives! It’s the perfect side to your next BBQ.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convince. Click here to read my full disclosure policy
The girls and I spent the weekend in the pool. It was hot and miserable, and it’s only May! I can’t imagine how hot it’s going to feel once August rolls around. Well, I can imagine; it’s gonna be the type of hot that when you open your door to go outside, it’s going to take your breath away. Living in Florida has it’s perks like a longer swim season, and gardening almost year round, but that heat is awful.
While we spent the days in the pool, Zack was spending the time painting his moms house. Poor guy. He still has to finish up, but he decided that he was taking Memorial Day to himself. Lucky for him, I planned on grilling out and making a delicious dinner! This loaded baked potato salad was one of the biggest hits! I don’t even like potato salad. I got the idea from Pinterest, and thought, “well if I don’t like it, I know that Zack and Kayla will.” I am so glad that we all liked it though. Kayla ask me if I would make up a big bowl for her birthday party next weekend…we shall see! 🙂
If you love baked potatoes, this is the potato salad for you! It tastes nothing like a traditional potato salad at all, and I guess that’s why I like it so much. I love baked potatoes, and this tastes just like one, only better!
- 2 ½ pounds potatoes peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 slices thick cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 packet Ranch dip mix
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- chives chopped
- Boil your potatoes until they are almost fork tender. (cooking times will vary depending on how big or small you have cut your potatoes)
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the sour cream, mustard, mayonnaise and Ranch packet together.
- Toss in the potatoes, stirring to coat.
- Cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- When you're ready to serve, stir in the bacon and cheese, top with chives, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 468Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 570mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g
What kitchen essentials did I use to make this dish possible?