This simple Lemon Zucchini Bread is made with lemon zest and fresh zucchini, perfect for any lover of lemon.
I am usually a lover of winter. The cold weather. The scarves, boots, jeans, and sweaters. Well, if you aren't in Florida like I am. Ha.
However, right now I am dreaming of spring and flowers. Warmer temperatures. The swimming pool open. Eh, maybe not quite that ready. I don't want to think about the pool right now. We need to build a new pool deck. Ugh.
Ok, so maybe I'm just dreaming of flavors that remind me of that state of mind. Yea, that sound about right.
This lemon zucchini bread...y'all, I really wanted to make the famous Starbucks lemon loaf, but I noticed this one random zucchini in the vegetable bin in the fridge that I didn't have any plans for.
Produce is SO freaking expensive, and I knew that I had seen lemon zucchini bread on Pinterest before, so I decided to go for it!
Of course when I started making this lemon zucchini bread, both Kelsie and Zack were like, "lemon and zucchini, ew." When it came out of the oven, smelling of spring and freshly squeezed lemon juice they quickly changed their tune.
Kelsie may have eaten all the glaze that was on the wax paper below the bread, because she loves lemon. And that glaze is ahhhmaaazing! Seriously.
One thing for sure, you can not taste zucchini in this bread!
This bread may seem like a lot of ingredient and a lot of work (squeezing the shredded zucchini), but trust me, it's really simple and comes together pretty quickly.
Just don't over mix. If you over mix it will be dense, and you don't want a dense lemon zucchini bread. You want it to have the perfect moist, almost fluffy texture.
This lemon zucchini bread would be perfect for breakfast, snacks, brunch, or any time you're feeling like you need some spring time in your life! You could make this bread without the zucchini, but why would you want too?
When else are you going to get the eat something sweet that includes a vegetable? Hardly ever. The lemon zest is a must in all the realms of life, because when you zest a lemon, you the the oil from the fruit, which in my opinion yield the best flavor.
What ingredients do you need to make Lemon Zucchini Bread?
- baking soda
- baking powder
- plain greek yogurt
- lemon extract
- lemon zest
- powered sugar
- lemon juice
How do you make Lemon Zucchini Bread?
Start by mixing together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
Mix together the sugar, yogurt, egg, lemon extract, and lemon zest together.
Fold in the zucchini.
Mix together the wet and dry ingredients. Pour into a prepped loaf pan, and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool completely and mix up the glaze. Drizzle over the top and serve up!
Can I use sour cream to substitute the greek yogurt?
Yes, it will swap out easily.
Here are some yummy lemon recipes that we love:
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ounces plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup shredded zucchini drained*
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice**
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, yogurt, egg, lemon extract, and lemon zest.
- Fold in the zucchini.
- Add the flour mixture to your wet mixture. Stirring in half at a time. Do not over mix. Stir until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.***
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Using the parchment paper, lift the bread from the pan, and allow to completely cool on a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze mix together powdered sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. See notes.
- When the bread has completely cooled, remove the parchment paper, and pour the glaze over the top.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g