Sometimes food comes together and creates a beautiful creation.
Other times food comes together, and you're left with the "what the heck did I just eat?" face. This would not be one of those times!
I made these Lemon Cheesecake White Chocolate Cookie Bars two weeks ago, and sent a few to the guy that Zack shares an office with.
The guy sent Zack a very explicit text message that night, and nominated me for president! HA! These are that freaking good. For real.
If you don't like lemon, just stop reading because these are bursting in every direction with lemon flavor.
Can I use another citrus?
Lime or Orange would also be very tasty in place of the lemon.
Can I half this recipe?
Yes! I've made it into a 9X9 inch brownie pan several times. I literally just half everything.
The perfect time to serve these:
Anytime! Mother's Day, Easter, bridal showers, baby showers, anything in the spring would be perfect.
Love chocolate and orange together?:
Chocolate graham crackers, chocolate chips and orange!
When you make these, and I know you will, be prepared for the pan to be gone before you have a chance to eat more than one.
So take my advice, take them out of the pan, stick a few away for yourself later. You did slave away in the kitchen, didn't you? You deserve more than one of these, and you'll be sorry if you miss out.
I only managed to get one of these before my family ate every last bite.
Love lemon? Check these out:
- Lemon Scones
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- Iced Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Iced Lemon Pound Cake (Starbucks Copycat)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs aprox. 15 sheets
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 packages cream cheese 8 ounce packages
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 large lemon, zested
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 large lemon, zested
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13X9 inch baking dish with foil, spray well with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt 1 stick butter. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs, and sugar. Stir until combined.
- Press crumbs evenly into prepared baking dish. Pop in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove, and proceed to the next step.
- To make the filling, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until nice and creamy. About 2 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, lemon extract, and lemon zest. Pour over the crust.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until nice and fluffy. Add the egg and extracts, beat for another minute.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet. Once combined, fold in the white chocolate chips. (you may have to do this by hand, dough is super thick)
- Using your hands and fingers, carefully place pieces of the cookie dough on top of the cheesecake filling. (yes it will sink a little, this is normal) Do this until it's completely covered.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. The center won't be completely set. This is normal. Cool completely before slicing, by placing in the refrigerator over night.
- When ready to serve, remove from the fridge, and pick up the foil from the pan, carefully pull the foil away from the sides, and slice into bars.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g