Take those holiday leftovers and transform them into something everyone will love. Leftover Christmas Ham Sliders are quick and simple to make!
I for one love having leftovers for the holidays. We don't eat a full spread, except on the holidays, so I like to pile my plate full for at least 2 days afterward.
By the third day though, I'd sick of ham with all the fixings.
I got the idea around Thanksgiving. My dad and his wife were here, and we weren't going to be eating the big dinner until that afternoon. I knew we would be starved.
So, I bought a small turkey breast for the air fryer, made my 5 Ingredient Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce, and planned on sliders for lunch. They were a hit!
I knew that I had to do the same for Christmas. Only I made these prior to Christmas, just so that I could get them up in time for y'all!
These Leftover Christmas Ham Sliders are quick and simple to make. Your family will love them, and who knows, they may just become part of your dinner rotation.
How do you make Leftover Christmas Ham Sliders?
Grab slices of leftover Christmas ham, cranberry sauce, Hawaiian Rolls, and Gouda Cheese.
Slice those rolls in half, creating a large sheet of tops and bottoms.
Layer the ham, gouda, and cranberry sauce up on the bottom rolls, and place the top of the rolls back on.
Mix up a topping of melted butter, Worcestershire Sauce, dijon mustard, poppy seeds, and a little salt and pepper.
Pour that over the top and bake.
Quick and Simple.
Can I use leftover turkey?
Yes! Follow the recipe exactly, using turkey in place of ham. It's the exact recipe that I follow when doing Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Sliders.
Can I use another cheese, besides gouda?
Yep! A sharp white cheddar would be SO good on these!
Canned cranberry sauce?
Go ahead! If that's what you have, and that's what your family loves, use it! Who am I to stop you?! 🙂
Here are two other ways to use leftover ham:
- 1 12 count package slider rolls
- ¾ pound ham, thinly sliced
- ¾ pound gouda cheese, sliced
- ¾ cup cranberry sauce
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9X13 inch baking pan with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Open the rolls from their package, slide out the tray, and slice them in half, where you have all their tops in one "sheet", and all their bottoms in one "sheet". Place the bottoms in their sheet like form in the prepared baking dish.
- Layer half of the ham on the rolls. Then layer all of the cheese. Top cheese with remaining half of ham. Evenly distribute the cranberry sauce on top of the ham. Top with the sheet of the tops. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small microwave safe bowl, about a minute. Whisk in the Worcestershire Sauce, mustard, poppy seeds, onion, salt, and pepper. Evenly pour this over the tops of the rolls. Cover with foil, and allow to rest (soak of the goodies!) for 10 minutes.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes, remove the foil, and bake for another 5 to 8 minutes. Slice into individual sliders, and serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 841mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 17g