Love lasagna? You’ll love this easy-to-make Lasagna Soup that’s ready in 30 minutes!
I hope that y’all had a wonderful Thanksgiving last week! Ours was full of family and thankful hearts. It was great to be with my daddy for Thanksgiving this year. We had a table full of family and food! Thanksgiving food is one of my favorites. All the yummy sweet and savory options to choose from. Yum!
Speaking of last week being Thanksgiving, can you believe that we are in our final days of November?! Between October and January is my absolute favorite time of the year, but I hate how it’s all a blur. People wonder why I pull out my Christmas tree and decorations before Thanksgiving…it’s because it feels like by the time you take the time and effort to put it all up, that it’s time to take it all back down. We like to enjoy it as long as possible. Do you decorate before or after Thanksgiving?
I know that I’ve mentioned it several times before, but we live in the wrong state. I miss seasons changing and leaves falling. I miss going outside and being so cold that you see your breath. I miss having frost on the windows. I miss the cold weather. Florida is nice and all, but we only have two seasons. Summer and Spring. Yep, we skip winter all together. It’s only been super cold a couple of years ago; we actually had ice! I keep saying that we will move from here one day! However, with Kayla going to college next year, and us belonging to a great homeschool group, I don’t see that happening anytime soon. Perhaps when Kelsie is grown.
Coming into December is the perfect time to start enjoying soup! I’ll be honest with ya’ll though…we eat soup and chili in July! haha. I think that if you want to eat it, it doesn’t matter what time of the year it is…well except oysters. Do not eat raw oysters if there is not an “R” in the month’s name! I guess Florida has it’s perks. Haha. Anyway. So soups. Soups are meals that you think of that simmer all day to really have time for the flavors to meld together. Y’all this soup doesn’t need that kind of time. It’s 30 minutes and tastes like it has been simmering all day! It’s the perfect soup to enjoy on those weeknights when you’re cold, and need a quick meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup yellow onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 3/4 teaspoon basil*
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 8 no-boil lasagna noodles broken into bite size pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 2 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste**
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- fresh parsley chopped for garnishing
- Heat a large pot over medium to high heat.
- Cook the ground beef and onions, until the ground beef is no longer pink, and the onions are translucent.
- While the beef and onions cook, mix together the cheeses and ricotta. Set aside.
- Drain the fat.
- Stir in the garlic, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and all the seasonings and sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Drop in the bite sized noodle pieces, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the noodles have cooked to your liking.
- Ladle in bowls, top with ricotta cheese mix, and fresh parsley.
*I used dried spices, unless otherwise noted.**Look for the tubes at your grocery store. So much easier to work with when only needing a couple of tablespoons
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 74mg Sodium: 914mg Carbohydrates: 16g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 27g