If you need to feed a crowd, these Italian Chicken Sliders are the answer. They are warm, gooey, cheesy, and loaded with flavor!
Over the past few months sliders have become a go to dinner for us. They are easy to make and feed the three of us, with plenty left for lunches for a couple of days after, and they are perfect for busy nights, or lazy weekends. I mean who doesn’t love cheesy meaty carbs?!
These got the Italian name, not from the meats, because I used straight up deli sliced rotisserie chicken here, but from the cheese. Have y’all seen the new Sargento Cheese blends line? You must try them all! Just pick out the blend that will go perfectly with whatever you’re making, like for these Italian Chicken Sliders I used the 5 Cheese Italian. (Mozzarella, Romano, Parmesan, Fontina and Asiago cheese) Btw, this is NOT sponsored…I just love Sargento cheese.
It’s perfectly melty and gooey, and really make these sliders something special. I also like that I could have went southwest, just by buying a different blend.
Now, I used my normal topping that I have used on most all of my sliders. I used it because it’s tangy, salty, and always pairs seamlessly with whatever I’ve stuffed in my sliders. You could do the topping that I used on my Pizza Sliders too. It’s one that pairs Parmesan, butter, and a select few herbs, it would go great with these. But it is lacking the tang that you get from the mustard in this topping.
Don’t worry about the topping being over mustardy…I detest mustard, but find that it’s tang lends itself to a lot of recipes that you can’t really get with other ingredients, so I use it. So if you’re like me and don’t like mustard, give it a try like this anyways, because you may be pleasantly surprised that it’s actually good!
- 1 12 count package slider rolls
- 3/4 pound deli sliced rotisserie chicken, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound Sargento Blends 5 Cheese Italian
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon peppe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9X13 inch baking pan with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Open the rolls from their package, slide out the tray, and slice them in half, where you have all their tops in one "sheet", and all their bottoms in one "sheet". Place the bottoms in their sheet like form in the prepared baking dish.
- Layer half of the chicken on the rolls. Then layer all of the cheese. Top cheese with remaining half of chicken. Top with the sheet of the tops. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small microwave safe bowl, about a minute. Whisk in the Worcestershire Sauce, mustard, poppy seeds, onion, salt, and pepper. Evenly pour this over the tops of the rolls. Cover with foil, and allow to rest (soak of the goodies!) for 10 minutes.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes, remove the foil, and bake for another 5 to 8 minutes. Slice into individual sliders, and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 59mg Sodium: 505mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 14g