This juicy beef brisket recipe is easy to make – rubbed in a delicious dry rub and then smothered in barbecue sauce. I’ll show you how to make the best beef brisket!
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the link. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
Ahh, brisket…I think it’s one of my favorite beef cuts. You can cook it long and slow in a slow cooker, in the oven, or in your smoker. Or you can cook it quick in the pressure cooker.
You can sauce it up, like we did here, or treat it like a roast, and serve it with potatoes and vegetables. Y’all, anyway you decide to cook it up, it’s delicious.
This just happens to be our favorite way to eat it.
How do you make the best beef brisket?
Here’s what you’re gonna need:
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- chili powder
- olive oil
- beef broth
- your favorite barbecue sauce
I like to mix up my dry rub and rub it in, and then place in the fridge for 24 hours. However, it isn’t a total disaster if you can’t do this. I’ve made it both ways, letting it sit for 24 hours and then not, both options yield a yummy brisket.
I don’t have an Instant Pot – does that matter?
No! I have a Ninja Foodi – I love it. I can air fry in this model, slow cook, and use the pressure cooker feature. It’s truly amazing.
Can I make this in the slow cooker?
Yes, you can. You’ll rub it down, and cook it on low for 8 hours. When it’s done, you’ll want to brush your sauce on, and place it in the oven, under the broiler to brown it up a bit.
How do you slice beef brisket?
Always slice meat against the grain! What does that mean? Look at the brisket and see which way the long fibers of the meat are running. Then cut across those fibers.
- 3 ½ pounds beef brisket
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- your favorite bbq sauce
- Mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder.
- Rub the brisket all over, including the sides. Cover and place in the fridge for 24 hours (OPTIONAL)
- Set your pressure cooker to the saute feature, on high.
- Pour the oil in, and once hot, you're going to sear all the sides, including the ends of your brisket, for at least 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Once seared, pour the broth over your brisket, and turn the pressure cooker to the high pressure setting for 90 minutes.
- Once done, quick release the pressure, and remove. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with your favorite bbq sauce.