Chipolte bbq sauce and honey combine to make the perfect modern twist on a classical family favorite.
Your family will love this Honey BBQ Meatloaf!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convince. Click here to read my full disclosure policy
When I was growing up meatloaf night meant a brick of ground beef, studded with huge chunks of onions, and coated in a thick layer of sticky ketchup. I remember it being described to me tasting like a hamburger patty without the cheese. Yea, um, no. I didn’t like meatloaf night no matter how much I loved ketchup and hamburger patties.
Lucky for Kelsie, because Kayla eats everything, my meatloaf doesn’t include huge chunks of onions, because she wouldn’t eat it. And the ketchup has been replaced with a BBQ sauce that is sweet and spicy. We love this Chipolte Bourbon BBQ sauce from Hak’s. I found it one day at Target, and we have been hooked and use it as our go-to BBQ sauce.
Honey BBQ Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 of a small yellow onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup Italian Panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons Chipolte Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together the BBQ sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl, set aside.
In a large bowl lightly mix, with your hands, ground beef, panko bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, finely diced onion, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons of the bbq sauce brown sugar mixture.
Do not overwork the meat! It will become that dense loaf that you do not want!
Shape your meat into a loaf, and place in a lightly greased baking dish.
Whisk the remainder of the honey and Worcestershire sauce into the last of the BBQ sauce.
Pour on top of your meat loaf and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Or until a thermometer reaches 160 degrees.
Allow to rest of 5 minutes, before slicing and serving.
- Prepworks by Progressive Snap Fit Measuring Spoons – Set of 5
- Hudson Essentials Stainless Steel Measuring Cups Set – 6 Piece stackable with spout
- Pyrex 3 – Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set
- Pyrex Smart Essentials Mixing Bowl Set
- Rachael Ray Cucina Cutlery 2-Piece Japanese Stainless Steel Santoku Knife Set with Acacia Handles
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-inch X 5-inch Loaf Pan
- CounterArt Flexible Cutting Mat with Food Icons, Set of 4