These Ham & Gouda Sliders are crowd pleasers. Melty gouda cheese and juicy ham come together with a buttery poppy seed topping that is simply amazing.
It’s Sunday, as in yesterday, and I pulled up this post because it’s what I had planned on writing for today…and just realized, I literally just put sliders in the oven. Ha. I have been obsessed with these guys lately! They are so easy, and you can create so many tasty combos. And I can’t wait to share the ones I’m making right now!
Today though I’m sharing with y’all Ham & Gouda Sliders, and they are the bomb.com. <— That sounded so 1990 something. Haha. Anyway. These were inspired by a grilled cheese sandwich that my cousin ordered from The Meltdown on 30A. A few weeks ago she was here visiting from North Carolina, and we all made our way over to 30A to walk around the shops in Rosemary and Seaside. While we were there we had to eat at one of the food trucks lined up along the street beside the iconic post office, and she and I chose to eat from The Meltdown. I got a pimento cheese grilled cheese sandwich with bacon, and she got a grilled ham and gouda. I knew then that that combo had to be in slider form, asap!
I’m a cheese lover, and y’all, I LOVE gouda. It’s creamy, nutty, and oh so delicious! When it combines with ham, holy moly, so good! I could eat these everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I won’t…but I could!
Sliders are one of those things that are perfect for dinner, when you’re not really sure what to have, because everyone loves a good slider. Or for holidays, parties, and watching the game. I know that we’ll have sliders at some point during the holiday season, for sure.
Y’all I have been so busy, my aunt and I are having a yard sale on Saturday, and I’ve piled Kayla’s room full of stuff to get rid of. It will be nice to declutter while making a little cash. Normally I would just toss the stuff to the Goodwill, but she mentioned she needed to have a yard sale, so I thought I’ll just sale it and make some money to take on our trip to San Antonio in September, for Kayla’s graduation.
I still have two closets to go through, under our bed, and Kayla’s bed. Then I some how have to transport it over to her house. I’m gonna be busy! I’m thankful that Kelsie doesn’t have swim practice this week so that I can get all that done. I have photos of Halloween costumes and homeschool curriculum I’m going to put on Facebook, before putting it in the yard sale. We haven’t had a yard sale in years! I haven’t even begun to think about pricing everything. Ugh. Any tips?
- 1 12 count package slider rolls
- 3/4 pound ham, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound gouda cheese, sliced
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9X13 inch baking pan with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Open the rolls from their package, slide out the tray, and slice them in half, where you have all their tops in one "sheet", and all their bottoms in one "sheet". Place the bottoms in their sheet like form in the prepared baking dish.
- Layer half of the roast beef on the rolls. Then layer all of the cheese. Top cheese with remaining half of ham. Top with the sheet of the tops. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small microwave safe bowl, about a minute. Whisk in the Worcestershire Sauce, mustard, poppy seeds, onion, salt, and pepper. Evenly pour this over the tops of the rolls. Cover with foil, and allow to rest (soak of the goodies!) for 10 minutes.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes, remove the foil, and bake for another 5 to 8 minutes. Slice into individual sliders, and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 71mg Sodium: 840mg Carbohydrates: 16g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 17g