Your favorite peanut butter cookie gets a fall twist: Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies are thick and chewy, making them the perfect cookie.
Peanut butter cookies have always been my favorite. They were the very first baked good that I ever made. My mother had this cookbook that had a recipe for the million dollar peanut butter cookie, and seeing how easy it sounded I decided to bake them up one day.
They were perfect. Thick and chewy. Totally drool worthy, and the best peanut butter cookie I had ever eaten.
I took that recipe and adapted it many times to create other peanut butter cookie variations, which is how years ago I created pumpkin spice peanut butter cookies.
With my recent need to start baking gluten free, I knew that these guys needed a gluten free update, and I grabbed the ingredients got into the kitchen and whipped these up. They are the fall cookie IF you love peanut butter cookies AND pumpkin spice.
Who would have thought that the two together was so perfect?!
These cookies are about the size of the palm of my hand. They are thick and chewy, and lend just the perfect amount of pumpkin spice without being too overbearing.
The spice won’t slap you in the face. The reason? I think it’s a little secret that I learned about years ago….
Pumpkin Spice Extract
Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract is a blend of cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla, and pumpkin seed oil. Using this extract over dry spices give these cookies a more rich flavor.
Gluten Free Flour
I’ve used a 1 to 1 measure gluten free flour. I have not tested this recipe with any other gluten free flours. They do not all bake the same.
Not Gluten Free
No problem! Since I used the 1 to 1 measure gluten free flour, you can totally swap out all purpose flour! So bake away. 🙂
No problem. To substitute for an egg allergy, use one tablespoon of ground flax seeds and 3 tablespoons water. Mix together and allow to set up for 5 minutes prior to starting the recipe.
Looking for more yummy pumpkin spice recipes?
- Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
- Pumpkin Spice Truffles
- Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream
- Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Squares
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup gluten free 1 to 1 flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 3 cookie pans with parchment paper. (see notes)
2. Cream your butter, sugars, peanut butter, pumpkin spice extract and egg together. Beat until it’s light and fluffy.
3. In another bowl mix together your flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
4. Slowly add this to your wet ingredients, being sure the mix is combined before adding more dry to it.
5. Shape into 1 to 1 ½ inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
6. Using a fork make a criss cross pattern into the top of your cookies, pressing down to flatten slightly.
7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until they are lightly browned.
If you don't have enough baking sheets for all the cookies, make sure that they cool completely before placing raw dough on the pan for baking. I will usually allow my cookies to cool 5 minutes, remove them, and rinse the pans with cold water, drying completely with a kitchen towel before relining with parchment paper and placing fresh dough.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g