These Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate chips are sweetened with maple syrup, and made using only 6 ingredients!
There are few things that I like to eat more than peanut butter and chocolate together.
Actually, after typing that, I’m not sure what that would be. I happen to like peanut butter, chocolate, and cheese more than anything else in any food group.
Not all together, of course! 😉
I’ve been trying so hard to make better choices, and come up with recipes that are healthier options of things I dearly love. I have a long, deep love for my Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips.
Nothing ever seems to come close when it comes to those cookies. But y’all they aren’t even close to being a healthier choice.
They are gluten free, but loaded with one cup of brown sugar. Yikes!
So I went to the kitchen and turned out cookies that have been sweetened with maple syrup, that still hold that chewy texture that you get from brown sugar when baked in cookies.
They are the healthy option to my not-so-healthy cookie. And, I’m gonna let y’all in on a little secret….I would eat these any day of the week, given the chance. Because y’all they are delicious!
Don’t take my word for it though, whip them up! With only six ingredients, you probably already have on hand. If you don’t have maple syrup, you must keep a bottle in your fridge!
What else are you using on pancakes and waffles?! And I already know that everyone keeps a bag of chocolate chips in their freezer…at.all.times. Wait, that’s just me?! Haha.
Then I suggest y’all get a bag or two and keep them on hand, you never know when you might want chocolate chips for hot cocoa, cookies, oatmeal, or pancakes and waffles!
Ok, so these cookies sound good to you, and you totally want to make healthier options with me…AWESOME!
Then after you whip up this easy recipe, I suggest you jump over and print out the recipe for my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins.
They are also gluten free, refined sugar free, and dairy free! Your welcome! 🙂
Ingredients in Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips:
- maple syrup
- peanut butter
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- semi sweet chocolate chips
How do you make gluten free peanut butter cookies?
- In a blender mix together the maple syrup, egg, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and baking soda.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop the batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet, about two inches apart.
Can I use honey or agave to make gluten free peanut butter cookies?
Sure! Any thick liquid sweetener will work. The key is that the consistency is the same.
More gluten free favorites:
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Oat Bars
- Gluten Free Apple Muffins
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a blender mix together the maple syrup, egg, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and baking soda. Stir in the chocolate chips, and pop the mixture into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the batter from the fridge, and drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet, about two inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g
Did you make this recipe? Tag @joanna_everydaymadefresh on Instagram