These no bake Gluten Free Apple Pie Cookie Bites are easy to make, and refined sugar free.
I know, I know, everyone is all PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING, and I’m sharing an apple recipe. Haha. Don’t get me wrong, I love pumpkin spice, but I just felt it right to give credit to the apple too.
Apple recipes are so delicious, and they also carry those warm spices that we all love about pumpkin!
Navigating through gluten free territory has been difficult for me. I am running into so many problems trying to bake gluten free, while trying to keep it safe for Kelsie too.
With her allergies to things like oat and tree nuts, that makes my recipe creating some what difficult.
I’ve tried several recipes with the measure for measure gluten free flour that just didn’t turn out well. I also tried going with just regular gluten free flour, and it didn’t turn out either.
I hand it to those that bake gluten free on a daily. I’m sure I will get the hang of it, but in the mean time, I’m making lot’s of no bake gluten free treats! Since this one has oat, it’s all mine. So I need to make a version that Kelsie can have soon.
These Gluten Free Apple Pie Cookie Bites contain 6 ingredients, don’t require any baking, and you will love how much they taste like apple pie! <– If apple pie were a cookie bite!
Can I substitute almond butter?
Sure! I love almond butter, but you can use another nut butter. Peanut butter would be a good substitute here because peanut butter and apple pair so great together.
Can I add nuts?
Yep! I would drop a tablespoon into a food processor, grind up and mix right in.
Can I use fresh apple?
I haven’t tried it. I went with freeze dried because I knew that they would rehydrate, and not add any extra liquid.
I don’t like maple syrup..what else can I use?
Honey or agave would be my choice for substitutions.
Looking for more bite sized no bake treats?
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
- Pumpkin Spice Truffles
- Simple Peppermint Truffles
- 1 cup old fashioned oats - we like Bob's Red Mill
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 cup freeze dried apple chips, broken into small pieces
1. In a food processor combine the oats, chia seeds and apple pie spice. Pulse until you have broken the oats down just a bit.
2. Add the almond butter, maple syrup and avocado oil. Pulse to combine.
3. Remove the dough (it's thick and sticky) and add to a bowl. Pour in the freeze dried apple chips and stir to combine.
4. Form into tablespoon size balls, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes to allow to firm up a bit. Remove and place into an air tight container. Store in the fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g