If gingerbread cookies are your favorite, this Gingerbread Chex Mix is going to be an addictive snack mix. Molasses, brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger flavors come together for the perfect combination.
Nothing screams Christmas like gingerbread! Gingerbread is everywhere throughout November and December. From scented goodies to all sorts of cookie recipes.
I decided to skip the gingerbread cookie recipes for now, and go straight to something a little different, Gingerbread Chex Mix.
It has the same sweet and spicy bite that the cookies lend, just in a quicker and easier snack mix. It will become your family's favorite thing to grab and snack on during all those favorite Christmas movies!
Ingredients in Gingerbread Chex Mix:
- Cinnamon Chex
- Corn Chex
- brown sugar
Additions and Substitutions:
- add your favorite nuts - mixed - or otherwise
- break up pieces of gingersnap cookies
- drizzle with white or dark chocolate
- add 1 teaspoon cocoa powder to the mix for a little additional yumminess
- use your favorite Chex cereal
Our favorite Chex Mixes:
- 3 cups Cinnamon Chex
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup dark molasses
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ginger
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees, and line an extra large baking sheet or two medium baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the cereal, pretzels, and peanuts in a large bowl, set aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave, and whisk in the brown sugar, molasses, cinnamon and ginger.
- Pour over the dry ingredients, and stir to thoroughly coat.
- Pour on the prepared baking sheets, creating a single layer.
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
This will continue to harden as it sits and cools.