Nothing beats a perfectly baked cheesecake…until this Funfetti Cheesecake hits the table!
Y’all we made it to Friday, and that is reason enough to celebrate! Woot, woot! You can’t have any celebration without sprinkles, and when they are called funfetti, it makes the celebration that much sweeter!
True New York style cheesecake is made in the oven in a water bath. It’s not complicated at all, but so many fear the worst, when it comes to baking a cheesecake. Fear not, because it’s basically a very simple process. Follow the recipe to a T, and I promise that your cheesecake will be delectable, and ready for any and all celebrations, including the weekend!Funfetti is pretty popular, if you are on Pinterest and do a quick search you will come across so many great recipes. As a matter of fact this one was inspired by Sally, from Sally’s Baking Addiction. I opted to use Baker’s Extract from Rodelle as opposed to vanilla and almond. Baker’s extract is a blend of vanilla and chocolate flavors, that when used in place of other extracts in certain desserts will blow the flavor out of the water!
The flavors in this Funfetti Cheesecake, thanks to that extract taste just like my Mini Egg Cheesecake Dip! It’s literally one cheesecake I could eat again and again. This will make a great dessert for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or any other holiday or celebration!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs We use Annie's Homegrown Organic
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon + 1/4 teaspoon of Rodelle Baker's Extract
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup rainbow sprinkles (plus additional for topping) I ordered mine from Amazon cheap.
- In a large bowl attached to a stand mixer, with a paddle attachment, beat together the cream cheese for two full minutes, until nice and creamy. Add the sugar, and beat for another 2 minutes. Add the sour cream and Baker's Extract. Beat until combined. With the mixer on low add each egg, individually, beating after each one. Turn off the mixer, and fold in the sprinkles. Pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Place the pan into a large 11X17 inch baking dish. Pour one inch of warm water into the pan. See the foil is protecting the cheesecake from the moisture. Bake for 50 minutes or until the center is almost set. Turn off the oven and open the door slightly. Allow the cheesecake to rest in the oven for one hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Take the rim from the pan, and place in the fridge to chill for at least two hours. Slice and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 103mg Sodium: 260mg Carbohydrates: 30g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 24g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g