Fully Loaded Hash Brown Casserole is loaded with bacon, sausage, cheese, and delicious shredded potatoes! It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, dinner, or anytime of the day.
At some point we have all either A)made hash brown casserole or B)eaten hash brown casserole. It’s so simple to make, you can’t go wrong, and almost everybody loves it.
I think of hash brown casserole as a dish that can be eaten any meal of the day. It’s delicious, filling, and normally a side dish to something else.
I have to share this recipe that a friend of mine shared with me. She was telling me how she makes her hash brown casserole and I thought it was a great idea, because it basically turns it into the main dish. No need to break out extra dishes for a meat, because in this dish, it’s already there!
We eat it at least once a month, and we always have leftovers for lunch the next day. Since this dish reheats so perfectly, I made a pan of it, and took it with us to Jacksonville, so that we could enjoy one meal at the hotel, to help cut down our costs a little.
I also made this for Christmas this year to go along with our French Toast Casserole. I did this because we usually have a major sugar crash Christmas morning, and this helped with the savory elements.
You might want to also try our Scalloped Potato and Ham Casserole! Warm and cheesy with chunks of ham, hmmm, delicious!
- 8 slices of bacon Applegate is the brand I buy, cooked and crumbled
- 1 bag of shredded hash browns Cascadian Farms is the brand I buy
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 12 oz sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 can cream of chicken soup Pacific is the brand that I buy
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your sausage until no longer pink.
- In a large bowl mix together your cooked sausage, hash browns, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, cream of chicken soup, and butter.
- Place in a baking dish, and top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 775 Total Fat: 70g Saturated Fat: 33g Trans Fat: 2g Unsaturated Fat: 29g Cholesterol: 177mg Sodium: 1675mg Carbohydrates: 11g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 26g