This Fresh Strawberry Bread will be one of your favorites. This quick bread is made with fresh strawberries, and topped with a cinnamon glaze.
My momma used to make banana bread all the time. I didn’t even realize that other fruits were used in breads until I was grown. It took me searching through cookbooks years ago to discover that there were so many different bread recipes out there. I tried dozens after I made that discovery.
I made a peanut butter cup banana bread, which sounds like it would be delicious, if your a peanut butter cup fan. However, I was deeply disappointed.
There was something really strange about that combo once it was baked. I’ve made a variety of banana breads, one that’s hanging out here on Everyday Made Fresh, and is one of my most popular recipes to this day, Cinnamon Crumble Banana Bread. I’ve also share my recipe for a super tasty Lemon Zucchini Bread.
Of course none of the bread recipes I’ve made over the years can ever compare to this delectable Fresh Strawberry Bread. If you love strawberries then this is the bread recipe you’ve got to make! It’s moist, sweet, and oh so perfect.
The cinnamon glaze just really sets this one apart from any others that you may have had. I’ve seen other strawberry bread recipes that have some sort of cinnamon running through the center, and those are great, but glaze just always makes things better!
This bread is great fresh out of the oven, warm. Yet, it’s also pretty perfect from the fridge, cold. Kelsie prefers this one cold, while Kayla likes it hot. They are totally polar opposites. Ha.
I’ll honestly eat it either way. It makes the perfect breakfast, brunch, snack, or dessert! You’re gonna love this, if you love strawberries.
How do you make Fresh Strawberry Bread?
You’re going to start by lining your pan with parchment paper, and spritzing it with some non-stick spray.
Then you’ll mix together your flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
Whisk together the egg, oil, and buttermilk. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
Carefully fold in the strawberries, pour into your pan, and bake.
Once done, cool completely before mixing up the ingredients for the icing, and drizzling it across the top.
This Fresh Strawberry Bread is perfect for spring and summer – Mother’s Day is a personal favorite.
How long can I store Fresh Strawberry Bread?
I like to slice it up, but keep it in loaf form, sorta like store bought bread. Then place it into a zip top bag. It should last you about a week in the fridge, stored like this.
Can I freeze Fresh Strawberry Bread?
Yes! Just allow to cool completely, and then wrap it in plastic wrap or foil. Place it into a zip top bag and freeze for up to two months.
Here are some more yummy strawberry recipes:
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped tossed in 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil I used canola
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, and spray with non-stick cooking spray. (I use Avocado oil)
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the egg, oil, and buttermilk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mix in batches. Pour some in, stir until combined, and repeat until both mixes are mixed together. Being careful not to overmix.
- Carefully fold in the strawberries. And pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife or skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Once it's cooled, mix together the ingredients for the glaze, and pour over the top. You may need to add more powdered sugar/milk to find the consistency that you want. I wanted pourable, for photos, but I love using a butter knife to spread it on thick when I'm not taking pictures.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 4g