Nothing says Christmas quite like eggnog! Which is why Eggnog French Toast Casserole is the perfect holiday breakfast! Eggnog, vanilla, and cinnamon give this traditional casserole some holiday flair.
This post contains affiliate links. It does not cost you anything extra by clicking the links. If you make a purchase from the link, I will get a small commission from the sale. Thank you for always supporting Everyday Made Fresh.
In our house holiday mornings always mean a French toast casserole of some sort. I prep it the night before, place it in the fridge, and pop it in the oven as soon as I get up. It’s ready when we are!
We usually take a break in between unwrapping gifts to have breakfast. We sit among a pile of wrapping paper, torn boxes, and Christmas music playing in the background.
It’s a holiday tradition that I don’t want to stop anytime soon.
Don’t worry too much if you have a family member not fond of eggnog! Kayla hates it..with a passion. Yet, she’ll eat a plateful of this Eggnog French Toast.
Although you can taste the eggnog, the vanilla and cinnamon really lend itself to the flavors.
Oh, and this is not eggy like other French toast casseroles. I’m not too fond of eggs alone, and I’ve had plenty of French toast that I couldn’t eat because it tastes like the actual egg. Not this.
It’s a perfect balance of all the flavors.
Not convinced on the eggnog? That’s ok! You could sub something else in its place. Maybe holiday milk? If you have no idea what I’m referring too, you have to look at Target. They have a couple of holiday milk flavors (cinnamon vanilla and chocolate mint).
Although we haven’t tried it personally, it would make a wonderful alternative to the eggnog in this recipe. Have an egg allergy? No problem!
Check out our recipe for Egg Free French Toast Casserole. In place of the milk in that one, you could use a Silk brand nog in its place.
Want a French Toast Casserole that’s different than all of this? You have to try our Cinnamon Cream Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin French Toast Casserole!
It is the ultimate in breakfast casseroles. It’s creamy, sweet, and a holiday breakfast staple!
Can I use any type of bread?
You want to choose a thick bread – like French bread, Brioche, or challah
Tips for making the best French toast casserole:
- Make sure that you slice your bread thick – thin slices won’t hold up, and will get mushy.
- Slicing your bread, and leaving it out for several hours to help dry it out, before assembling is a great idea.
How do you store French toast casserole?
For already cooked french toast casserole, allow to cool completely, and cover with foil. Store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Reheating french toast casserole?
Leave the foil covering the pan, and place into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until warmed all the way through.
Holiday breakfast inspirations:
- Quick and Easy No Rise Cinnamon Rolls
- Very Berry French Toast Casserole
- Tots and Sausage Casserole
- Baked Hash Brown Cups
- 1 loaf French Bread, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 cup eggnog
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Coat a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place chunks of French bread into the baking dish.
- In a large 4-cup measuring cup, whisk together eggs, eggnog, vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Pour evenly over the top of the bread chunks. Cover with foil, and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Overnight is best.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the ingredients for the topping in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Whisk together until the butter is melted. Pour over the top of the bread. Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Top with powdered sugar if desired before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 466Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 200mgSodium: 620mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 16g