This Easy Off the Cob Mexican Street Corn is packed with fresh flavors. This is the perfect side dish, that’s a little easier to eat than the traditional street corn, and it’s ready in 15 minutes!
Who else loves fresh corn on the cob this time of the year? We love it! This summer though is a little harder with Kelsie wearing braces. Traditional corn on the cob is outta the question.
So what do I do? Make our favorite side dish in a new way with this Easy Off the Cob Mexican Street Corn. ALL the flavors but with a much easier way to eat for everyone with braces! 🙂
What is Mexican Street Corn?
Mexican Street Corn is made with grilled corn, then rolled into mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, spices, and Cotija.
Ingredients you need to make Off the Cob Mexican Street Corn?
- Sour Cream
- Lime Juice
- Chili Powder
- Queso Fresco Cheese
What’s the best corn for this?
I used thawed frozen corn. You can use canned, as long as it’s drained really well. Or you can also use corn on the cob, and simply cut it off the cob.
How long can I store Mexican Street Corn?
You can store this in an air tight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Can I use something other than Queso Fresco cheese?
You can use feta, if you’d prefer.
Looking for the perfect main dish to go with this?
- 2, 10 ounce bags of frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash of cumin pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium high heat with olive oil.
- Saute the corn, making sure to brown it up a bit to give that charred flavor that you get from grilling.
- Once cooked, stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper.
- Top with cheese and cilantro.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g