These Easy Gluten Free Chai Spiced Cookies are filled with cinnamon, allspice, cardamom, ginger, and a dash of pepper - all the warm winter spices you love. These are sure to become your favorite cookie!
The first time I tasted chai I was working at The Coffee Beanery in the mall. We had a vanilla chai latte, and I was hooked.
The warm flavors reminded me of fall and winter, and sparked my love for the chai flavoring forever.
These cookies are infused with all the flavors that you know and love about chai, including a chai spiced glaze!
You'll love these cookies on your next winter afternoon, while enjoying all those Christmas movies! Or after a day shopping online or at the mall.
These will definitely put you in the holiday mood.
What are chai spices?
Chai spices usually include cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, all spice and black pepper. Sometimes you'll find star anise and clove in this blend.
Do you have to refrigerate the Easy Gluten Free Chai Spiced Cookie dough?
Not this cookie dough. I chill a lot of cookie dough, but this isn't one you need to chill.
Are these Easy Gluten Free Chai Spiced Cookies dairy free?
No, but you can use your favorite dairy free butter and dairy free milk in place of butter and milk, in this recipe.
Can I make these, but not gluten free?
Yes, just replace the gluten free 1 to 1 baking flour with all purpose flour.
We love chai! Here are some of our favorite recipes:
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 ½ cups gluten free 1 to 1 baking flour'
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom
- pinch allspice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl attached to a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar together, until blended. Add the vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices and gf flour blend.
- Mix on low until a soft dough forms.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop and drop tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 13 to 16 minutes until the cookies are set in the center.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before preparing the glaze.
- Mix the ingredients together for the glaze once the cookies are cooled and drizzle across the tops.
The glaze will harden as it sits up.