Still have Halloween candy left over? Well that was the case here. The other day I made Snickers Blondies, with the Snickers Kelsie got when trick-or-treating. This time I took the Almond Joy and Three Musketeer’s, chopped them up and made these delicious brownies. Of course we would have been much happier with people participating in the teal pumpkin project, but you just do what you can with what your handed. It’s that whole life gives you lemonade saying. I did just that, I made something out of the negatives that Kelsie couldn’t have, and took them to work to share with my coworkers. They loved them!
This recipe is adapted from Averie Cooks.
A printable version of this recipe is located below.
What do you need?
1 cup chopped combination of Almond Joy and Three Musketeer Bars
10 tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
What do you do?
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8X8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Melt the butter and allow to cool before proceeding.
3. In a large bowl mix together the cooled melted butter, sugars, vanilla, and eggs.
4. Add the cocoa powder, salt, and flour. Stir until combined. A few lumps remaining is fine.
5. Stir in the chopped candy bars and pour the batter into your pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely before cutting.